Grant Writer for Operation Confidence (Ages 55+)
LA WORKS RSVP
Quick Overview: Use your grant writing expertise to help Operation Confidence provide services and resources for disabled veterans.
Organization Name: Operation Confidence
Organization Website: https://operationconfidence.org/
Mission and Program Description: To provide accessible permanent housing, with a wide range of supportive services and resources, including workforce development, job training, and employment opportunities. They primarily do work advocating for and addressing the physical and social needs of persons with disabilities.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities: We are looking for an experienced grant researcher and writer who can help Operation Confidence develop a grant calendar. The objective is to increase our pool of available donors as well as the number of grant applications we submit. The grant writer will:
* Investigate and identify at least 10 new, prospective funding sources
* Draft compelling grant proposal narratives and other correspondence to solicit grant funds
* Research, develop, and write inquiries, letters, and other fundraising documents
* Track and monitor proposals, their deadlines, and requirements
* Establish a system for more efficiently finding and applying to grants
* Proven experience as a non-profit grant writer
* Working knowledge of MS Office
* Strong planning, communication, and organizational skills
* Excellent writing, grammar, and research skills
* Experience in philanthropy and non-profit organizations a plus
About LA WORKS RSVP
570 W. Ave. 26 Suite 400, Los Angeles, CA 90065, US
Founded in 1991, our mission consists of three principal pillars: INCREASE volunteer participation in community service projects; PROVIDE our nonprofit partners with access to volunteer labor and other RESOURCES; and EDUCATE and encourage people to engage in the broader social issues affecting the greater Los Angeles Community. L.A. Works' RSVP opportunities are specifically designed for active baby boomers who want to make a lasting contribution to the Los Angeles community.
L.A. Works is a 501(c)3 nonprofit, volunteer action center that creates and implements hands-on community service projects throughout the greater Los Angeles area. We strive to empower Angelenos to address pressing social issues through volunteerism and community collaborations.