Executive Assistance with the Foundation for Senior Services (Ages 55+)
LA WORKS RSVP
Quick Overview: If you have expertise and experience in working side by side to support senior management and are passionate about helping a nonprofit support seniors in Los Angeles, consider volunteering with The Foundation for Senior Services.
Organization Name: Foundation for Senior Services
Organization Website: https://foundationforseniorservices.org/
Mission and Program Description: Provide older adults and their families with education, valuable resources and quality services to help seniors preserve their independence and improve their overall well-being. Help seniors to live safely and well cared for with dignity, without consideration of social and cultural differences, and advocate for those in need.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities: We are looking for an executive assistant volunteer who can help the Foundation run their call center and provide other administrative functions.
We need an assistant that is compassionate and interested in developing an efficient volunteer training process. The assistant will work with the Executive Director and leadership to:
- Craft the intake call volunteer description,
- Run the call center by developing a process for training volunteers, receiving calls, recording calls into their website system and tracking performance,
- Intake calls,
- Help with other administrative duties as needed.
Requirements: Volunteers can work remotely and will receive support from L.A. Works Pro Bono Coordinator.
- A compassionate and welcoming personality, and interest in developing a distinguished call center and outreach for seniors,
- Strong organizational, customer service and computer office skills (e.g. Microsoft Office, use of Social Media),
- Experience training and managing volunteers a plus but not required.
About LA WORKS RSVP
570 W. Ave. 26 Suite 400, Los Angeles, CA 90065, US
Founded in 1991, our mission consists of three principal pillars: INCREASE volunteer participation in community service projects; PROVIDE our nonprofit partners with access to volunteer labor and other RESOURCES; and EDUCATE and encourage people to engage in the broader social issues affecting the greater Los Angeles Community. L.A. Works' RSVP opportunities are specifically designed for active baby boomers who want to make a lasting contribution to the Los Angeles community.
L.A. Works is a 501(c)3 nonprofit, volunteer action center that creates and implements hands-on community service projects throughout the greater Los Angeles area. We strive to empower Angelenos to address pressing social issues through volunteerism and community collaborations.