Psychoeducation Presenter (VIRTUAL!!!)
***PLEASE NOTE: WHILE THIS IS A VIRTUAL OPPORTUNITY DUE TO COVID, APPLICANTS MUST LIVE IN THE CUYAHOGA COUNTY, OHIO AREA!!!**
NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) Greater Cleveland is dedicated to empowering those living with mental illness and their family members to achieve a better quality of life by providing education, support, information, and referrals. NAMI Greater Cleveland is seeking a licensed clinician for a position developing and delivering psychoeducation presentations about mental health topics to audiences in Cuyahoga County. This is a PRN (as needed) position.
- Deliver presentations to targeted and diverse populations to include faith/spiritual, minority, social, community organizations, other special populations.
- Current Ohio licensure as LSW or LPC at minimum; LPCC, LISW, or PsyD preferred
- A highly experienced professional with a deep well of knowledge about clinical topics, the ability to create rapport with an audience, and catalyze enthusiasm for NAMI’s mission are essential.
- Experienced with researching, developing, and delivering mental health education and awareness programming and trainings to diverse audiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to address self clearly, effectively, and concisely
- Strong computer literacy skills to include proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint
- Must have experience in all components of delivering virtual programming including moderating and managing technological aspects of Zoom presentations: Q & A, chat box, and slide management
- Ability to respect, relate to and represent the interests of all persons with mental illness and their family members, and to respect the values, norms and customs of diverse populations and cultures.
- Maintains a high level of energy and enthusiasm for NAMI’s mission and purpose
- Ability to work independently; proactive, self-motivated, exercises excellent judgement
- High attention to detail; excellent organization skills
- Due to COVID-19, this position is temporarily remote
About National Alliance on Mental Illness- Greater Cleveland
2012 West 25th Street, Suite 705, Cleveland, OH 44113, US
NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) Greater Cleveland is dedicated to empowering those living with mental illness and their family members to achieve a better quality of life by providing education, support, information, and referrals.
NAMI Greater Cleveland provides services to those with serious mental illnesses and their family members through a variety of support and education programs. In addition, we advocate on behalf of our members and the community on issues related to mental illness. Program highlights include:
- Support Groups: 16 groups providing mutual support averaging 2,500 visits per year;
- Helpline: providing information and referral to over 1,485 callers per year;
- Educational Courses: free classes, including NAMI’s signature Family to Family course, reaching over 75 participants per year;
- Outreach: providing information about mental illness via our Community Education Nights, Speakers Bureau and Health Fairs to more than 1,100 people per year;
- Multi-Cultural Outreach: providing specialized services to the African-American and Hispanic communities, including Spanish-language courses and materials.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 8, 2021
- Mental Health
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Basic Computer Skills
- Public Speaking
- Social Work
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Presentations as needed (PRN).
- This opportunity is occurring virtually with multiple meetings happening through Zoom and Teams. The applicant would need to have experience using these applications and working with a virtual team.