Come Pack and Sort Food with The Food Group!
The Food Group
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
3 people are interested
We're excited to have you pack and sort food at The Food Group for people in the area who need food the most!
In response to an unprecedented demand for food, The Food Group is now open for groups of up to 14 volunteers to serve the community. Shifts are Monday through Friday, 9-11 am and 1-3 pm, along with a 4-6 pm shift on Tuesday and Thursdays. We would love to see you during this difficult time.
Individuals can sign-up through the following website: https://thefoodgroupmn.volunteerhub.com/events/index
If you would like to schedule a group of up to 14 volunteers please contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
As Minnesota is facing these challenging times, The Food Group has restructured itself to ensure our volunteers’ safety. We have pivoted the way we work to keep you safe by:
- creating projects that keep volunteers six feet apart at all times
- asking questions of each volunteer as they come in the door to make sure everyone has only been around those who are healthy
- taking each volunteer’s temperature as they come in to ensure all who are volunteering are healthy
- requiring all volunteers to wear masks throughout their shifts, masks are available for those without
- sanitizing the areas before each volunteer shift.
The need for food has increased, we need volunteers now more than ever, and we need your help to feed people in need! Just since the beginning of April volunteers have contributed over 2,700 hours; packing 575,000 pounds of food for our neighbors. We need your help to continue to do so.
Hope to see you soon!
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About The Food Group
8501 54th Avenue North, New Hope, MN 55428, US
To provide high quality food and essential support services to hunger relief programs in the community. We do this by partnering to: Maximize the sharing of food, resources, and systems support; Promote quality standards; Educate and advocate for the eradication of hunger.
Ensures coordination and cooperation between member food shelves in Hennepin County in the purchase and distribution of food.