What does it take to be a Kindred Hospice Volunteer?
1. The desire to give your time, talents and heart in support of hospice patients and their families.
2. Be at least 18 years old to volunteer directly with patients.
3. Complete comprehensive hospice volunteer orientation and annual training. (*Orientation provided through Zoom during pandemic.)
4. Get a background check, fingerprinting, TB test and drug screening (all at no cost).
5. Have your own transportation.
Volunteers provide friendly, non-medical visits to hospice patients in their homes. Types of patient care might include:
Providing companionship/socialization Providing caregiver relief Reading, playing cards, or playing games Sitting vigil with actively dying patients Creating art/doing crafts directly with the patient Assisting with light household chores (washing dishes, doing laundry, vacuuming)
Scheduling is flexible; hours vary depending on need and your schedule.
For more information, please contact Sigrid Newbury, Volunteer Coordinator, at (386) 274-1004 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in being a Kindred Hospice Volunteer!