Compost Collection Volunteer
MOUNT PLEASANT MAIN STREET INC
We're looking for volunteers to help staff the compost station outside of the Mt. Pleasant Farmer's Market on Saturday mornings. Volunteers work from 8:30-10:30 AM or 10:30 AM-12:15 PM, and we're open year round.
After receiving training before their first shift, volunteers work in pairs and will:
- Set up compost bins with bag liners
- Track the number of compost dropoffs that occur during your shift and report the total to the market manager and compost collector
- Monitor the items being dropped off to make sure only those which can be composted are added to the bins
- Answer questions as needed from community members
- Clean up at the end of the shift
Submit your interest by clicking I Want to Help, and I'll get in touch with you with more information and our open shifts.
About MOUNT PLEASANT MAIN STREET INC
3213 MOUNT PLEASANT ST NW, WASHINGTON, DC 20010, US
Mount Pleasant Main Street is a community-based, non-profit organization, in Washington, DC, committed to promoting community development and cultural uniqueness and to enhancing the economic health and streetscape design of our commercial corridor.
Mount Pleasant Main Street (MPMS) is a community-based, non-profit organization, committed to promoting community development and cultural uniqueness and to enhancing the economic health and streetscape design of the Mount Pleasant commercial corridor. Mount Pleasant is a culturally diverse neighborhood located in the heart of Washington, DC. The juxtaposition of our compact and independent businesses district with quaint residential streets gives us a distinctive "small town" feel.