Teaching License Tutor
Homestretch is in search of an energetic, patient, and skilled tutor to assist a homeless mother in our program pursue her Teaching License. If you are interested in supporting underserved communities in reaching their professional potential, this is a great opportunity for you!
- Lead a virtual tutoring session each week.
- Lesson plan via preparing what material will be covered each week.
- Review test content at a pace amenable to the student.
- Work through practice quizzes and tests with the student.
- Send a brief summary on a regular basis to the volunteer manager.
- Report hours volunteered at the end of each month.
- Applicants must be 18 or older.
- Fluent in English.
- At least 1 year experience in tutoring.
- Must have an active teaching License and be familiar with the certification process.
- Consistent availability at a consistent time on Mondays or Fridays.
To apply for this role, please send in your application and background check permission form to Brianna at firstname.lastname@example.org. Both forms can be dowloaded from this page: https://homestretchva.org/get-involved/volunteer-opportunities/
About Homestretch, Inc.
303 South Maple Ave, Suite 400, United States, Falls Church, VA 22046, US
Our mission is to empower homeless families with children under age 18 in Northern Virginia to attain permanent housing and self-sufficiency by giving them the skills, knowledge and hope they need to become productive participants in the community.
Homestretch is a nonprofit family transitional housing agency. We provide homeless families with long-term subsidized housing and all support services necesary to help them achieve self-sufficiency. Support services include intensive case management, employment counseling, credit counseling, domestic abuse counseling, substance abuse counseling and monitoring, English as a Second Language instruction, enrichment activities for children and teens, community service links, and comprehensive life skills training. Families can receive housing and services for up to two years.