Education Technology Support Specialist (IT)
EFBA is currently looking for a volunteer who has the passion for IT and technology support in the education industry. As we are moving our programs to online classes for our students, and supporting our internal and external connections on tech support and cybersecurity will ensure our business operations are run smoothly.
The volunteer will help us with the below tasks and responsibilities:
- Provide technology support to students, families, teachers, and staff (virtual support over Zoom, Google Meet, email and Slack)
- Provide coaching, training, and support to employees on using Zoom video conferencing features for online learning
- Manage logistics and reporting of technology-related projects (e.g., data collection, reporting, and follow-up of at-home device access, wifi speed tests, etc)
- Create EFBA accounts & reset passwords
- Research best and safe technology practices and strategies to prevent malware, viruses or phishing
- Experience in IT or related field
- Intermediate knowledge in technology or experience working with different softwares/tools
- Proactive and detailed oriented
- Passion for tech!
This is a part time volunteer role with at least 6 to 8 hours per week and we are looking for an on-going volunteer who can help contribute towards EFBA's mission and goals.
Please see our website www.efba.us
Note: Volunteers will undergo LiveScan fingerprint/background checks due to sensitive and confidential information with which they may access and all costs associated with it will be the volunteers responsibility.
640 DAVIS ST UNIT 26, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94111, US
Education Française Bay Area was created in 2009 by Gabrielle DURANA to give access to all children to a bilingual education, in our case French. We are a WASC accredited part-time school. Our non profit organization offers high quality yet affordable French after schools, summer camps and cultural programs to both francophone and French as a Second Language children, aged 5-18. The classes take place in local schools of the Bay Area. Our mission statement is simple: to provide a bilingual, multicultural francophone education, opening doors and minds to the world.
"Ideas are a dime a dozen. People who implement them are priceless." Mary Kay Ash
We want to make the world a better place. We believe every child, every person has a potential and it is our individual and collective duty to empower that human through care, guidance and education to become truly part of society.
Care is not enough, we need action and we need justice. We are the change we seek. Howard Thurman once wrote: "Don't just ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you alive, and do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive".
Are you alive? Then let's put our energy into something bigger than ourselves and hold each other accountable to protect the children, protect the planet, protect the world's biological and cultural diversity. Yes, we can change the world together from here. Change will not come if we wait for some other person, for some other time. We, the people are the change we seek.