14 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Community Literature Initiative
Please visit the new page to apply.
14 people are interested
The Community Literature Initiative is focused on teaching writers how to write, edit, and
finalize manuscripts for publication. Seasoned and new writers can furnish their skills through
our process of cultivating creativity, passion, and drive. Community Literature Initiative has
been without an accounting department for awhile. Come aboard to help clean up our books,
develop accounting policy, and keep us a going concern.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
1. Extract, input, or scan information into Quickbooks
2. Match transactions into Quickbooks
3. Reviewing and/or analyzing financial reports, journal vouchers, and accounting
4. Processing invoices/payments - managing the A/R & A/P cycles.
5. Bank Reconciliations
6. Development of accounting policies and procedures.
Community Literature Initiative is seeking students or recent graduates who express a sincere
interest in a career in accounting policy & non-profit accounting. The position is best suited for
applicants with a business background or other related field, with a concentration in accounting.
Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and calculator is a plus. Previous office experience is
preferred. Experience with Quickbooks is preferred, but not necessary.
About Community Literature Initiative
2702 W. Florence Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90047, US
Create an accessible, inclusive, and encouraging space for writers, poets, and artists alike.
The Community Literature Initiative is a Los Angeles based nonprofit organization focused on teaching writers in the city how to create poetry and fiction of a publishable quality. The CLI course is a 10-month (September to June) training program to refine works-in-progress into finalized manuscripts ready for publication. At the conclusion of the 10-month program, all participants are guaranteed a first-book publishing contract with one of our partnering Los Angeles Small Presses. At the conclusion of our program, all students emerge knowledgeable published authors! In addition to offering these courses, CLI staff & students teach free creative writing courses in local high schools.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 15, 2022
- Financial Planning
- Business Development
- Financial Service Assistance
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Minimum 5 – 10 hours per week for 10 - 12 weeks. Hours must be scheduled during normal business hours (Monday – Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.).
- Applicants must currently be majoring in Accounting or Finance and have completed several accounting courses with an accredited college/university. Recent graduates of Accounting or Finance degrees gladly welcome.