Lehigh Valley Health Network
- Deliver mail, flowers, fruit baskets and packages to patients or staff when Information Desk needs assistance.
- Deliver newspaper/candy and gift shop items to patients or hospital staff as part of the "shopping service".
- Run errands for any department, office or unit in the hospital.
- Photocopy forms and perform other duties as requested.
- Read Patient Services policy changes/communications.
- Transport patients for discharge.
- Transport specimens from clinical units to the Lab using containers for Infection Control precaution.
- Deliver patient charts from clinical units to Medical records and vice versa.
- Assist out-patients needing help or transport to find appropriate testing area.
- Help with on-going projects as approved by Volunteer Services Staff. This may involve collating, envelope stuffing, distribution, bulk mailings, etc.
About Lehigh Valley Health Network
1200 S. Cedar Crest Blvd., Allentown, PA 18103, US
We heal, comfort and care for the people of our community by providing advanced and compassionate health care of superior quality and value, supported by education and clinical research.
Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN) is comprised of eight hospital campuses plus numerous health centers, physician practices, rehabilitation locations, ExpressCARE sites and other outpatient care locations in seven eastern Pennsylvania counties. At Lehigh Valley Health Network, we continually go the extra mile to fulfill our mission to heal, comfort and care for the people of our community. Each one of our more than 18,000 colleagues contributes to this mission and helps make the Lehigh Valley a healthier - and better - place in which to live.
Lehigh Valley Health Network’s healthcare heroes have been there for you, for your family, and for your neighbors. Now we invite you to join us in this partnership as we provide the best possible care to the people who live and work in your community.
Our volunteers are as diverse as the community they serve. What brings them together is a desire to help others, learn and share new skills along with a commitment to those around them.
During these unprecendented times we remain committed to the safety of everyone - our patients, our staff, our guests and our volunteers. We are currently offering volunteer opportunities to those aged 18 through 64. All volunteers must wear an approved mask covering at all times and will not serve in patient care areas.
Become a community hero! Partner with LVHN, and click on the link to fill out a volunteer application. https://www.lvhn.org/become_a_volunteer