Ambulatory Surgical Unit (ASU) Reception Desk
Lehigh Valley Health Network
- Use the read-only EPIC medical records software program to provide information to patients' families in the surgical waiting room.
- As guests look confused/lost or asks for directions, be proactive in escorting them to other areas throughout the building. Must be willing and able to get up and walk them to other areas of the hospital.
- Obtain wheelchairs for patients as necessary.
- Assist with other duties at the discretion of the ASU Department Supervisor such as packet collation, checking with guest in the waiting room to see if they need any comfort measures, taking samples to the lab and delivering papers to other departments.
About Lehigh Valley Health Network
1200 S. Cedar Crest Blvd., Allentown, PA 18103, US
We heal, comfort and care for the people of our community by providing advanced and compassionate health care of superior quality and value, supported by education and clinical research.
At Lehigh Valley Health Network, we continually go the extra mile to fulfill our mission to heal, comfort and care for the people of our community. Each one of our more than 17,000 colleagues contributes to this mission and helps make the Lehigh Valley a healthier - and better - place in which to live.
The LVHN legacy of patient-centered care began with 13 compassionate, civic-minded women more than a century ago. Caring deeply about the health and well-being of their community, they raised $5,300 for a plot of land at 17th and Chew streets in Allentown, Pa., and in 1899, opened The Allentown Hospital. Their generous example was the first step in our health network’s journey. We continue to add new facilities, services and programs to a regional campus that now includes:
We have hospitals on eight campuses:
- LVH-Cedar Crest in Salisbury Township
- LVH-17th Street in Allentown
- LVHN-Tilghman in Allentown
- LVH-Muhlenberg in Bethlehem
- LVH-Hazleton in Luzerne County
- LVH-Pocono in Monroe County
- LVH-Schuylkill E. Norwegian Street
- LVH-Schuylkill S. Jackson Street in Schuylkill County
- Lehigh Valley Children's Hospital
The care and services we provide annually receive national recognition through awards and accreditation from organizations such as U.S. News & World Report, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid and many others.