10 people are interested
10 people are interested
We empower girls and women to move from hopeless to hopeful!
The Thaddeus Resource Center is a non-profit organization whose purpose is to restore HOPE, inspire GROWTH, and EMPOWER girls and women through education, life skill development, workforce training, and other supportive services.
The Thaddeus Resource Center is a non-profit dedicated to helping at risk youth, single moms, and families with special needs!This is a volunteer opportunity to work directly with The Thaddeus Resource Center in assisting with special events held by the organization.
This opportunity requires someone who is dependable and enjoys working for the benefits of the community. Volunteer duties may involve setting up equipment for events, attending to the needs of guests, or assisting to the other needs in the operation of each independent event.
- Hours of operation are Monday-Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Flexible schedule
- Volunteers must be available within the hours of operation,however, are called on as needed
- Must be available to work in-person for each event
- Must be able to commit to this 1-year volunteer position
- Assist on event setupand takedown such as chairs, tables, decorations, and signs
- Assist to the needs of guests
- Help clean up after events if needed
- Assist in any immediate service if required
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to handle stressful scenarios gracefully
- Must be able to communicate in group or individual format
- Must be able to multi-task
- Is responsible and self-motivated
- Ability to pass the mandated reporter exam
- Volunteer will learn the basics of event planning and setting up events
- Volunteer will learn the basics of providing hospitality for guests and community members
- Volunteer will learn basic knowledge of problem solving that may arise from event planning
- Receive direct supervision from the Executive Director
- Participate in professional training offered to all employees
- Engage in employee events
- Build resume and explore career options
- Apply skills and knowledge to the workplace
- Flexible scheduling to allow for changes in class/work schedule and final exams
*** We are an equal opportunity employer. ***
About Thaddeus Resource Center
Damien Avenue, La Verne, CA 91750, US
The Thaddeus Resource Center is a 501 c(3) non-profit organization whose purpose is to RESTORE HOPE, INSPIRE GROWTH, and EMPOWER GIRLS & WOMEN through education, life skill development, workforce training, and other supportive services.
Through our work, we hope to stop the downward spiral of at-risk and foster youth by providing them with valuable life, college and career development skills, they will be able to reverse their downward spiral so they can become our future leaders.
Our vision is to empower girls and women to move from hopeless to hopeful! We want to give teen mothers, single mothers, mothers of children with special needs, and mothers that are just in need the knowledge, confidence, and the opportunity to provide a better life for the next generation
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 28, 2021
- Business Planning
- Community Outreach
- Driver's License Needed