GoldTogether Champions Campaign for childhood cancer - American Cancer Society
American Cancer Society Relay for Life of South Hampton Roads
Earn up to 30 virtual service hours during the month of September
Join the #GoldTogether Champions Campaign to earn nonprofit experience with the American Cancer Society. This experience will stand out on college scholarship and job applications because of the experience earned networking, social media communication, goal achievement and leading through mission. Champions will be able to articulate the impact made and results accomplished both personally and collectively.
1 st step: Sign up on the American Cancer Society Volunteer site for the #GoldTogether Champion volunteer position
- Student will receive an email from Laura Eicher to attend a 30-minute zoom Q & A zoom training
(parents can attend the session as well to answer their questions).
- AFTER the zoom call students will be asked to do the following:
- Sign up: Southeast Region #GoldTogether Champions site to receive a link to share through social media. https://secure.acsevents.org/site/TR?fr_id=99062&pg=entry
- Students will use this link on social media platforms and through email campaigns to raise funds in September for childhood cancer awareness month
- Students will be provided weekly emails of inspiration of content to use and can be creative in their expression of providing awareness
- Students will research what others are doing to learn new ideas and techniques by using the hashtag #GoldTogether and #GoldTogetherChampions
- October 1 st 8pm eastern students will attend national zoom call to be recognized for their efforts with others and reveal the national impact due to their efforts.
- Students are encouraged to update resumes with volunteer experience
- Champions do not need to make a personal donation and hours will be earned regardless of the amount donations collected.
- Volunteer hours are flexible and can vary from day to day. The average hours earned is one hour a day.
About American Cancer Society Relay for Life of South Hampton Roads
477 Viking Dr Suite 130, Virginia Beach, VA 23452, US
The American Cancer Society is the nationwide, community-based, voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem by preventing cancer, saving lives, and diminishing suffering from cancer, through research, education, advocacy, and service.
Relay For Life is the American Cancer Society's signature fundraiser. With over 5,200 events nationwide, funds raised through Relay For Life allow the American Cancer Society to support and administer programs and research that help people stay well, get well, and find cures.