Teacher Aide! Reading and Writing Classroom
Pima Community College Adult Basic Education for College and Career
Please Note: Pima College is physically closed and most classes are online. IN ORDER TO VOLUNTEER YOU NEED TO BE LOCATED IN TUCSON, AZ, have reliable internet, a device of some sort, and knowledge and comfort level using virtual tools such as Google Meets or Hangouts, Zoom, Skype, WhatsApp, etc.
Position Overview: Be a part of the virtual classroom and assist students with classwork, discussion and projects. Troubleshoot tech issues, answer questions and be available to work with students as needed.
- Excellent communication and person to person skills
- Willingness to work with a diverse student body - different languages, cultures, skill levels, etc.
- High degree of initiative and creativity
- Intermediate computer skills
- Able to troubleshoot issues with devices such as laptops and Ipads
- Able to assist with setting up email addresses, usernames and passwords, etc.
Six Month Commitment
About Pima Community College Adult Basic Education for College and Career
1255 North Stone Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85709, US
The mission of Pima Community College is to be an open-admissions institution providing affordable, comprehensive educational opportunities that support student success and meet the diverse needs of its students and community.
Pima College Adult Basic Education for College and Career (ABECC) offers free, non-credit high school equivalency, English language and citizenship classes.
Classes are offered year-round in continuous 10-week sessions, at three learning centers, at Pima College campuses, and at community sites.
Volunteers are essential to fulfilling our mission and we welcome inquiries from community members who want to help the thousands of adult students we serve each year.