We are looking for individuals interested in helping plan, prepare, organize, and participate in events. We often have small events and are looking for people to help set up, participate in running, and break down our events also. There is something for everyone. Because of the current COVID-19 situation, our events are small and social distanced, but we still could use help.
To be a professional organization which promotes interdisciplinary lifelong learning in, for, and about the outdoors and inspires an appreciation of the environment for all people.
The Center for Environmental Education and Discovery, CEED, is the Art & Nature Group's primary initiative to create a thriving epicenter that connects people with nature through a unique blend of environmental education and artistry. Serving Long Island from pre-school-age through adults, the vision of CEED includes: - A nature center with public programs & events
- Environmental education for schools, teachers, and the greater community
- Long Island's First Nature Retreat Center with overnight lodging
- Wildlife conservation demonstrations & programs
- Programs focused on nature journaling and art.
- Shared office and program space for environmental based non-profits
- The Dennis Puleston Environmental Education Library
- A Teaching Kitchen for nature & environmental based learning
- Youth Voices: a collection of nature-based stories, songs, and more from our visitors
- Showcasing of Green Technology in Action - Live animal ambassadors on-site - Plus much more!
We'll work with your schedule.
287 South Country RoadBrookhaven, NY11719
August 22, 2020
Event Design & Planning
Event Planning / Management
We have once a month virtual meetings and occasional events.