Board Chair / Chair Elect
SPINA BIFIDA ASSOCIATION OF DELAWARE VALLEY
The Spina Bifida Association of Delaware Valley is looking for a Board Chair/ Chair Elect Volunteer to be a part of their Board of Directors.
The Board Chair / Chair Elect will work with the Executive Director by preparing the agendas for Board of Directors meetings and Executive Committee meetings.
- Assess the performance of the Board of Directors and its committees.
- Assure ongoing recruitment, development, and contributions of Board Members.
- Coordinate annual performance review of the Executive Director and Board Members.
- Set priorities and create agendas for meetings of the Board and Executive committees.
- Serve as an ambassador of the organization by advocating its mission to all stakeholders.
- Assist in cultivating grants and sponsorships.
- Act as the primary communications link between the Board of Directors and the Executive Director/Chief Executive Officer.
- Coordinate communication between SBADV and outside entities, in consultation with the Board of Directors, appoint members of committees, councils, and other task groups.
- Serve as an ex-officio member of all committees.
- Encourage and supervise other Officers and Directors in establishing meaningful programs that support SBADV’s strategic plans and work with the other Officers and Directors in completing their responsibilities.
About SPINA BIFIDA ASSOCIATION OF DELAWARE VALLEY
6935 Airport Hwy. Lane, Office 1, Pennsauken, NJ 08109, US
The Spina Bifida Association of Delaware Valley's mission is to build a better and brighter future for those impacted by Spina Bifida.
The Spina Bifida Association of Delaware Valley is a non=profit 5013c organization that has been around since 1972. SBADV provides assistance to children and adults in the following counties surrounding and including Philadelphia. (Counties: in Pennsylvania: Bucks, Montgomery, Chester, Delaware, and Philadelphia; in New Jersey: Gloucester, Camden, Burlington). SBADV promotes the acceptance, accessibility, inclusion and well-being of persons with Spina Bifida. We develop, maintain, and provide current information about Spina Bifida to promote public awareness. We encourage the development of improves treatment and trained teams to care for all affected by Spina Bifida. And promote the development of appropriate educational, vocational, and community support to encourage self-determination.