Mission Teams Assistant Manager
Target Staff Type Supported/Volunteer
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw
Help others gain a vision for missions and become further engaged with JAARS through managing the logistical, project and program details required for a successful week of service. The position will use your relational and organizational strengths as you work with a wide variety of people and departments, managing the fluid nuances of hosting a new team of people each week.
- There is no typical day in the life of the Mission Teams Manager, however a typical week may include:
- Direct, serve and support arriving teams, tending to needs throughout the week
- Respond to inquiries and process new applications
- Coordinate team housing and project arrangements for scheduled teams
- Participate with team at Facilities devotion Monday and Friday
- Work with team host to coordinate two meals, speakers and Friday closing
- Prepare and implement internal communication and presentations
- Develop teaching modules and follow up materials
- Have a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS
- Display excellent relational, organizational, goal-setting and budget skills
- Exhibit strong communications skills, both written and oral
- Have proficiency in Google Suite and related apps
- Are a team player but also self-motivated with ability to independently plan and prioritize
- Good head for details and confident leading others
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft programs (Word and Publisher, Excel, Powerpoint)
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who are committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their heart language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.