Target Staff Type Supported/Volunteer
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw
The Fellows Coordinator leads JAARS Fellows, an 11-month, merit-based, professional opportunity that provides entry into a first career position, cultivates emerging leaders and unleashes the world of missions. Beyond coordinating the logistics and administration of Fellows, the Fellows Coordinator helps develop Fellows spiritually, professionally and personally.
- Administer JAARS Fellows. This includes leading the Fellows Admin Team in carrying out the logistics of staff and Fellows events, housing, course registrations, and internal and external communication; serving as the primary point of contact for communications and interaction with applicants, fellows, and staff; maintaining relevant information and documents related to the fellows program, including applicant and fellow records in Google Drive; and managing annual budget and ongoing finances.
- Lead Fellows Staff by giving input to help the Human Resources and Learning & Development offices recruit for fellows staff positions, developing staff, empowering the team, ensuring there is commitment to the purpose and process, identifying who will be the supervisor and coach for each fellow, clarifying their responsibilities, providing spiritual and professional coach/supervisor training modules, and providing accountability for weekly spiritual and professional coaching.
- Provide oversight of the Fellowship. This includes developing and maintaining the program components offered, maintaining yearly calendar (including Development schedule, Fellows application deadlines, arrivals and departures, outings), determining alongside departments what the key entry-level job openings are for fellows, coordinating with HR to create clear job descriptions for each fellows position, coordinating and assisting with marketing and Fellows recruitment, and serving as the liaison with HR to screen and hire Fellows.
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, and database systems (G-Suite preferred)
- People management and communication skills
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Expert attention to detail and ability to organize, direct, and prioritize work
- Ability to work independently, as well as function effectively as a team with a diverse group of people
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who are committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their heart language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.