Day Out With Thomas Fundraiser
COLORADO RAILROAD HISTORICAL FOUNDATION INC
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
It's official! Colorado Railroad Museum is now ready to start scheduling volunteer shifts for Day Out With Thomas! This event has been imperative to the museums success for 18 years and this year is more important than ever. We are seeking nearly 30 volunteers each day to help with Guest services, Line Management, Greeting and Information and Merchandise. We also have positions available before the event to help with merchandise inventory, will call ticket organization, banner hanging and barrio placement as well as tear down.
To encourage participation, we offer water, snacks and a lunch voucher for each 5 hours shift at the event. We will also provide you with documentation of your service for your records and invite you to our Thomas appreciation party in October.
Morning (7:30AM-12:30PM) and Afternoon (12:15PM-5:15PM)
- Saturday & Sunday, September 12 & 13
- Saturday & Sunday, September 19 & 20
- Saturday & Sunday, September 26 & 27
It's going to be a whole new ball game this year as the event has to comply with all Jeffco COVID regulations AND be a fun & safe event for our families, volunteers, and staff.
Some of the ways we are creating a safe event are:
- The event will take place entirely outdoors.
- Mask requirements for all visitors 3 and older, volunteers, and staff.
- Temperature checks will be performed on all volunteers and staff.
- Creating a one-directional traffic flow from arrival to departure.
- Surface Cleaning on a 45-minute cycle throughout the day.
- No hands-on activity, imagination, or tattoo stations.
- Plexiglas barriers at all interaction stations (cashier and will call)
- Stanchions with 6ft markers to keep visitors socially distanced.
- All hands-off entertainment (stilt walkers, jugglers, magicians, etc.)
Our event will look a little different this year:
- We are not using shuttles or busses for the event. We have reduced the capacity of the event substantially and are going to use the parking on site for our visitors. This means that our volunteer parking onsite will be extremely limited and coordination with other members is required. (ex. # spaces for DGRS, # spaces for operations). We are encouraging groups of volunteers to park at Compass Montessori and carpool to the museum.
- We will have socially distanced line management throughout the site and volunteers will be needed to help remind our guests of the safety protocols and direct our patrons to the proper locations.
- The event will take place entirely outdoors. Our indoor locations will be closed to the public for anything other than guest services, restrooms and first aid.
If you are able to help us run this event, please let me know as soon as possible. You can sign up for a shift on our website at https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?ap=164540551 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org . If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me.
Thank you for spreading the word.
About COLORADO RAILROAD HISTORICAL FOUNDATION INC
PO BOX 10, GOLDEN, CO 80402, US
The mission of the Colorado Railroad Museum is to preserve and convey the rich history of railroading in the Rocky Mountain region through acquisition, research, exhibition, and education.
This museum is both child and railroader friendly offering a variety of programs and special events that capture our visitors imaginations.