Volunteer board Members to recognize and celebrate homeless children
Extra-Ordinary Birthdays is seeking volunteer members of its Board of Directors beginning in January, 2021 for a two year term. This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about helping children and the homeless community.
The Board of Directors is collectively accountable to the members, community, funders and other stakeholders. They are accountable for Extra-Ordinary Birthdays’ performance in relation to its mission and strategic objectives, and for the effective stewardship of financial and human resources.
Every member of the Board of Directors, including the Board’s officers, is expected to:
- Prepare for and participate in board meetings
- Listen to others’ views, advocate their own, identify common interests and alternatives, and be open to compromise
- Support governance decisions once made
- Participate in the review of Extra-Ordinary Birthdays’ mission and objectives and in the development of a strategic plan
- Help the board to monitor the performance of Extra-Ordinary Birthdays in relation to its mission, objectives, core values and reputation
- Abide by the by-laws, code of conduct, conflict of interest and other polices that apply to the board
- Contribute to the work of board as a member of a board committee
- Participate in the approval the annual budget and monitor the financial performance of Extra-Ordinary Birthdays in relation to it
- Faithfully read and understand the organization’s financial statements
- Serve as an active advocate and ambassador for Extra-Ordinary Birthdays and fully engage in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for to advance its mission
- Leverage connections, networks, and resources to develop collective action to fully achieve EOB’s mission
- Give a meaningful personal financial donation
To apply, send letter of interest and resume by September 9, 2020 to:
Schinnell Leake, Executive Director email@example.com
About Extra-Ordinary Birthdays
P.O. Box 1109, College Park, MD 20741, US
Creating and providing birthday parties for homeless children
A child's birthday party is often and understandably the last on the list of priorities, and more often, completely unattainable for homeless families trying to find a way to get on track. Extra-Ordinary Birthdays strives to give that special day back to families living in shelters who otherwise would not have the means to celebrate their child's birthday. Through the celebration of each child’s birthday, we become part of a wonderful opportunity to create a moment that will become a positive part of their lifetime of memories.