Market Analyst Volunteer
Rice Impact is aiming to launch digital platforms that will benefit rice farmers and buyers in Southeast Asia via facilitating sales and democratising access of market information.
As a Market Analyst Volunteer, you will be helping out to:
- Study the rice market conditions to assess the potential sales of products and services
- Collate key data metrics from verified sources to justify the need of a digital marketplace within a fragmented rice market in Malaysia
- Determine products that are in demand
- Forecast and monitor sales trends in the rice market
- Gather consumer and competitor data to prepare reports for management
- Liaise with external parties, conduct interviews or gather external reports as necessary to compile market information
About Rice Impact
56, Jalan Setia Bakti, Bukit Damansara 50490, Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur 50490, MY
We strive to build the sustainable, liveable agricultural settlement of the future, with the ultimate objective to create a sustainable world without hunger and poverty.
Rice Impact is a non-profit initiative which strives to create comprehensive data-driven solutions to provide institutional, economic, and structural improvements for agricultural and rural communities in LEDCs through innovative technologies and concepts.
Our primary objectives encompass improving agricultural yields, alleviating poverty and increasing economic agency and financial mobility for farmers.
We conduct direct grass-roots interventions with agricultural communities in Southeast Asia, working with local partners and institutions to provide these communities sustainable agri-tech and the necessary industrial know-how to improve yields, reduce wastage and increase incomes.
Our work also focuses on the development of new technologies and digital platforms for the betterment of these communities, and to create the foundations for future research and innovation in the agri-tech and agricultural spaces as well to curate the necessary platforms for discourse and awareness.
We are an affiliate of Rice Inc Group.