DONATE TO THIS
21 people are interested
Help save a child's life through the gift of family - Board Members wanted in Utah
ORGANIZATION: Gift of Adoption Fund
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
21 people are interested
Help save a child’s life through the gift of family. Board Members wanted in Utah.
Gift of Adoption (GOA) is a national charity that provides grants to complete the adoptions of vulnerable children. Our mission is simple, yet impactful: Gift of Adoption awards grants to complete the adoptions of vulnerable children - giving them a permanent family and the chance to thrive.
Priority is placed on helping children facing what is possibly their only chance at adoption, including children at-risk of separation from siblings, entering foster care, aging-out of an orphanage or with serious medical conditions. Since inception in 1996 through December 31, 2020, GOA has awarded $10.6 million to give 3,627 children permanent families and the chance to thrive.
No other charitable initiative delivers the transformational impact of adoption for such a small investment -- not just for the child served, but for generations following. The goal of each Chapter’s all-volunteer board is to raise enough funds to help complete all adoption grant requests. 100% of the money raised by the chapter is directed to uniting children with forever families in the area.
Board Members are needed to move the GOA mission forward. By volunteering your time, talent, and treasure, you can completely change the trajectory of a child’s life for the better. You don’t have to adopt to give a child a family.
What you will do
- Leverage your extensive network to help the Chapter increase connections and partnerships with corporations in the local market.
- Create relationships with individuals, companies, nonprofits, groups, organizations and partnerships in order to garner awareness for our cause and build our donor base.
- Engage community and foundation prospects and partners to generate awareness and funds.
- Partner with other team members to create high-impact events for members and guests to celebrate children, families served, and the impact made.
- Create and implement other fundraising activities that are important to you and your local market.
What we are looking for
- Business and community leaders that are passionate about children, family, and adoption.
- People that are leaders in their field and connected to large personal and professional networks of philanthropically minded people.
- Individuals who enjoy outreach, relationship management, development, fundraising, and communications.
- Purpose-driven people that are looking to leverage their network to create new partnership opportunities and increase the donor base of the Fund.
This is a non-compensatory board member role. Instead of compensation, our board members:
- Enjoy being agents for change in the community and the world.
- Get to help more children find their way to permanent, loving homes.
- Make a personal gift, hit a fundraising goal, and serve a 3-year term.
Learn more about how you can join the team and make a difference, apply today! https://www.giftofadoption.org https://vimeo.com/giftofadoption
About Gift of Adoption Fund
1200 Shermer Road, Suite 111, Northbrook, IL 60062, US
Gift of Adoption is a national charitable organization that inspires adoption by providing grants to help fund adoptions-- giving children permanent, loving families and the chance to thrive.
We believe a child without a family is one of life's great tragedies because a child without a permanent home suffers. Orphanages and foster homes do not offer permanent solutions for the millions of children who need families. All children deserve the dignity and love that comes from being a part of a family. Gift of Adoption is committed to creating those families. Gift of Adoption is a national charitable organization that inspires adoption by providing grants to help fund adoptions-- giving children permanent, loving families and the chance to thrive.
Through Gift of Adoption, you can give time and donations to support adoption.
Even if you can't open your home, you can open your heart and transform the life of a child.
Located anywhere in the Salt Lake City metro areaSalt Lake City, UT 84133
May 31, 2022
- Event Planning / Management
- Community Outreach
- Resource Development / Management
- Project Management
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 30
- Orientation or Training
- Our board members spend, on average, 1 to 10 hours per month on GOA Fund-related activities.
- • 10+ years of combined professional experience • Previous success hitting a fundraising goal • Large professional and social networks and • Evidence of business and community leadership and advocacy.