DONATE TO THIS
13 people are interested
Social Media Manager (Intern or Volunteer)
ORGANIZATION: Bay Area Green Tours
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
13 people are interested
Social Media Intern
Work with our marketing department on strategies for outreach to Influencers, Partners, and Clients
Bay Area Green Tours is a non-profit that creates interactive tours and experiences highlighting the sustainable economy in action to inspire and educate youth and adults to build a more enduring, resilient, and just future.
We're a grassroots operation reinventing ourselves by moving from in-person tours to virtual green tours. We are a 20-person volunteer-only organization for now, but we are building for the future by applying to grants and beginning outreach to corporations who want to sponsor our programs and/or buy virtual team building tours. We just redesigned our website and streamlined our operations in with a committed, fun, and sharp team of interns and volunteers.We are searching for a Social Media Intern to represent us by spending 10-20 hours per week building a social media presence with influencers, partners, and clients and using the following strategies and tasks:
- Create an influencer strategy that includes "green" influencers, partners and even potential sponsors
- Work with our Marketing Director to create partner and client outreach strategy
- Engage all three audiences and monitor impact to hone our strategy
- Create posts using our current content as well as create completely new posts to drive engagement
- Respond to comments as a result of your posts
- Work with our graphic designer to design social media cards
- Formulate strategies before taking any action
- Create high-quality written and visual content
- Coordinate with our marketing director who is focused on BAGT-related posts
- Build brand awareness by engaging relevant audiences and groups
- Manage and monitor our online communities to ensure respectful and appropriate engagement
- Analyze data to determine the effectiveness of social media outreach
- Eventually run social media advertising campaigns
To be considered for this opportunity, please send your resume and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
About Bay Area Green Tours
Virtual for now, Oakland, CA 94612, US
We provide educational tours and events that demonstrate the sustainable economy in action, inspire support of local green businesses, and empower people to incorporate environmental responsibility and social justice into their personal and professional lives.
Bay Area Green Tours (BAGT) serves as a conduit to solutions for a more sustainable future. BAGT is committed to focusing on positive, innovative solutions and models. Tours have been offered for companies & conferences, and for young people who are able to connect to role models and organizations which inspire them towards environmental activism and career paths. We are moving toward Virtual Tours due to COVID and will have in-person tours on a case-by-case basis. Participants learn about innovative green-certified businesses, people & organizations in the nation’s environmental epicenter, enabling them to find resources or take action to help mitigate climate change and live more sustainably.
What we offer:
Networking opportunities with local solutionaries
Experience working with a local environmental non-profit organization
Experience researching and connecting with innovative and pioneering leaders in sustainability
Improved research and communication skills
Letter of recommendation/professional reference based on performance and hours
Check out our featured tours: https://www.bayareagreentours.org/tours.html
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
June 14, 2022
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Business Development
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 hours/week for a 4 month commitment