D U T Y MENTORING PROGRAM INC
Key Role - Volunteer (Children and Youth Development)
Reports to: Volunteer Manager - D.U.T.Y Youth Services General Description
The Children and Youth development volunteer (refer to as mentor) will serve as a role model for elementary to high school age children (refer to as mentee) and provide structured, regular, and positive interactions with them. In addition, mentors are required to understand the ethical and legal responsibilities involved and maintains strict confidentiality regarding the privacy of mentee’s information. Where applicable, training will be given by D.U.T.Y.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
* Understand mentee’s domestic and academic environment
* Tutor (where applicable) and provide mentorship on academic matters
* Engage at least two (2) outings with mentee each month during the mentoring period
* Engage in at least one (1) contact with mentee each week during the mentoring period (depending
on predetermined arrangement, this contact may be physical or via a phone call)
* Keep D.U.T.Y volunteer manager updated of progress/activities/concerns via a weekly phone call
* Complete a criminal background check
* Be at least 21 years of age. Junior volunteers ages 18-20 may be considered at the discretion of
the Executive Director
* Must present a professional appearance and a friendly manner
* Be courteous and personable when dealing with the public
* Be self-directed, willing to take initiative, and detail-oriented
* Good time management and reliable transport.
* Completion of relevant training might be required
D.U.T.Y mentoring program runs during the GA school year - August to May. Addition mentoring opportunities are provided during the summer holiday period. A D.U.T.Y mentor will be expected to commit to the school year duration as well as:
1. Two outings with mentee each month
2. At least one contact with mentee each week - this weekly contact could be via a phone or Zoom
About D U T Y MENTORING PROGRAM INC
PO BOX 1418, REDAN, GA 30074, US
D.U.T.Y. will provide, support, to youth who facing challenges. By providing one-on-one mentoring tailored to their needs. Using a comprehensive approach that would make better leaders for generations to come.
D.U.T.Y. (Declared Underprivileged Trouble Youth) Mentoring Program Inc. begin 2017 with a group of community members who were interested in supporting those children who are at risk of becoming victims of falling through cracks of dropping our school falling victims to pipeline to prison system. Our main interest is in supporting children who have issues in school, home and communities.