Driver: Meal Express, Brown Bag Delivery & Grocery Shopping Assistance
RSVP of San Mateo & Northern Santa Clara Counties
Responsible to Daly City ACCESS Team and Daly City Peninsula Partnership
Doelger Senior Center, Room #13
101 Lake Merced Boulevard
Daly City, CA 94015
- Work closely with Care Coordinator to determine a list of members who require home delivery, maximum amount of deliveries per driver and delivery routes
- Work with care coordinator to determine a back-up driver to fill-in for vacations and time away; - Fill/pick-up bags with food weekly and deliver to each Brown Bag member on the route
- Keep membership cards and maintain delivery information of everyone on the route
- Make sure deliveries are checked on attendance roster weekly
- Pick-up empty bags from members and return them to the site weekly
- Commit to weekly deliveries for a minimum of one year
- Sign the volunteer records form weekly and provide the number of hours worked
- Attend home delivery bi-annual training
- Attend supervision meetings and actively participate in feedback sessions.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Provide their own vehicle for deliveries.
- Provide a valid California driver's license and current auto insurance annually.
- Agree to be pre-screened to include: In-person interview, Successful completion of background check (to be renewed bi-annually).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Desire to be of service to older adults and those with disabilities.
- Ability to lift or carry items weighing up to 25 lbs.
Requirements: Must pass a criminal background check and sign confidentiality agreement.
Time Commitment: Minimum 1 year volunteer commitment; Weekly as arranged.
Orientation/Training Provided: Home delivery training held bi-annually
Reimburse Volunteer for Mileage/Bus Fare: No
About RSVP of San Mateo & Northern Santa Clara Counties
Mills Peninsula Senior Focus, 1720 El Camino Real, Ste 10, Burlingame, CA 94010, US
RSVP is a nationwide network of experienced adults who contribute their time and talents to important programs that strengthen their communities. RSVP of San Mateo & Northern Santa Clara Counties is sponsored by Mills-Peninsula Health Services. RSVP is administered by the Corporation for National & Community Service, the federal agency that supports service and volunteering programs to improve lives, strengthen communities and foster civic engagement. We serve all of San Mateo County and the cities of Santa Clara, Sunnyvale, Mountain View. Palo Alto, Los Altos and Los Altos Hills in Santa Clara County.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR COMMUNITY!
RSVP provides opportunities for people 55 and over to make a difference in their community through volunteer service. RSVP volunteers contribute anywhere from a few to over forty hours a week, serving through schools, day care centers, police departments, hospitals and other nonprofit and public organizations to help meet critical community needs. RSVP offers maximum flexibility and choice to its volunteers. RSVP matches the personal interests and skills of older Americans with opportunities to help solve community problems and offers supplemental insurance while on duty, pre-service orientation, and on-the-job training from the agency or organization where volunteers are placed.