Check Out Volunteer
FR GENES HELP INC
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
2 people are interested
Purpose: The purpose of this position is to assist clients with check out.
Nature of job/Responsibilities:
- Greet guests (anyone who comes in) and respond to general inquiries as able.
- Make sure the Check Out area is tidy before 9 am.
- When clients are ready to check out, do a quick count of the number of items to verify that the client has taken the allocated amount of items (or fewer).
- Do a quick fold of the items and neatly place them in a bag.
- Ask if there were any items that the client had trouble finding. Make note of specific items on the "Mis-Sales" Sheet.
- Record client check out data in their account/file.
- After closing at 12 pm, make sure that the Check Out area is tidy and stocked with supplies needed for the next shift and that all overflow ("put back") items have been restocked.
- Assist with general clean up in the front room.
- Kind, welcoming, hospitable, friendly.
- Enjoys talking to people of all backgrounds.
- Attentive to detail
- Has general computer skills
- Ability to say "no" when necessary
- Bilingual, if possible
About FR GENES HELP INC
5919 W NATIONAL AVE, WEST ALLIS, WI 53214, US
The mission of Father Gene's Help Center is to provide dignity through free clothing to people in the greater Milwaukee community. We envision a transformed community where all people have access to clean, dignified clothing in which they feel confident.
Father Gene’s Help Center provides free clothing. We welcome donations of new or clean, gently used clothing for men, women, and children, of all shapes and sizes and redistribute the donated items.We believe in the radical power of clothing to transform people’s lives. We firmly believe that our clients possess many strengths and assets and trust that, with clean, dignified clothing, they will have the ability to better share their gifts with the world. We are convinced that every person deserves the right to clean clothing, and we strive to provide that right to those in need.