64 people are interested
Public Health Internship
64 people are interested
The Carolina Chapter of the Arthritis Foundation is seeking an energetic and passionate public health intern to assist with the growth of the Live Yes! Arthritis Network through working with patients and health care providers in the Central Florida region.
Our team of dedicated volunteers and professionals are leading the fight for the arthritis community and helping to conquer everyday battles through life-changing information and resources, access to optimal care, advancements in science, and building community connections.
- Conduct market and prospect research
- Partner with volunteers to organize and execute patient educational programs
- Assist with planning and growth of Arthritis Connect Groups
- Help plan and execute Juvenile Arthritis initiatives, including family retreat weekends and JA Family Days
- Ensure healthcare practices have necessary Arthritis Foundation materials
- Assist in recruiting new health care providers to become involved with the Arthritis Foundation
- Build partnerships with local medical societies/associations and medical/nursing schools
- Assist with increasing participation in patient reported outcome assessments, 'Live Yes! Insights’; Interpret data at local level to assist in determining future programs.
- Assist with grant writing for educational programs
- Communicate mission activities with constituents
- Assist in local advocacy efforts
- Promote the Arthritis Foundation’s mission throughout the community
- Assist with administrative projects as needed
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Internet savvy with regular and consistent computer and internet access
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, team player with the ability to meet deadlines, remain flexible, and adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills, with keen attention to details
- Must be able to work in a group and independently
The Public Health internship will run through December 202. This opportunity is remote and has part-time and full-time options available. Occasional evening and weekend work may be needed. This is an unpaid career experience program; course credit may be provided.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
About Arthritis Foundation - North & South Carolina
7621 Little Avenue, Suite 215, Charlotte, NC 28226, US
The Arthritis Foundation is boldly pursuing a cure for America's #1 cause of disability. We’re championing the fight to conquer arthritis with life-changing science, resources, advocacy and community connections.
What We Do: Conquer Arthritis
By advancing research, advocacy and disease management support, the Arthritis Foundation helps you navigate the many challenges arthritis brings. You can easily make powerful connections that lead to real, meaningful change.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 16, 2021
- Data Entry
- Program Management
- Community Outreach
- Resource Development / Management
- Orientation or Training