Public Health Internship
Arthritis Foundation Mid Atlantic Region - NC & SC
The Arthritis Foundation is seeking an energetic and passionate public health intern to assist with the growth of the Live Yes! Arthritis Network through working with patients and health care providers in the Central Florida region.
Our team of dedicated volunteers and professionals are leading the fight for the arthritis community and helping to conquer everyday battles through life-changing information and resources, access to optimal care, advancements in science, and building community connections.
- Conduct market and prospect research
- Partner with volunteers to organize and execute patient educational programs
- Assist with planning and growth of Arthritis Connect Groups
- Help plan and execute Juvenile Arthritis initiatives, including family retreat weekends and JA Family Days
- Ensure healthcare practices have necessary Arthritis Foundation materials
- Assist in recruiting new health care providers to become involved with the Arthritis Foundation
- Build partnerships with local medical societies/associations and medical/nursing schools
- Assist with increasing participation in patient reported outcome assessments, 'Live Yes! Insights’; Interpret data at local level to assist in determining future programs.
- Assist with grant writing for educational programs
- Communicate mission activities with constituents
- Assist in local advocacy efforts
- Promote the Arthritis Foundation’s mission throughout the community
- Assist with administrative projects as needed
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Internet savvy with regular and consistent computer and internet access
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, team player with the ability to meet deadlines, remain flexible, and adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills, with keen attention to details
- Must be able to work in a group and independently
The Fall Public Health internship will run through December 2020, with the opportunity to extend if desired. Spring and summer internships are available as well. This opportunity is remote and has part-time and full-time options available. Occasional evening and weekend work may be needed. This is an unpaid career experience program; course credit may be provided.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Arthritis Foundation Mid Atlantic Region - NC & SC
7621 Little Avenue, Suite 215, Charlotte, NC 28226, US
The mission of the Arthritis Foundation is to improve lives through leadership in the prevention, control and cure of arthritis and related diseases.
The Arthritis Foundation is the only national not-for-profit organization that supports the more than 100 types of arthritis and related conditions. Founded in 1948, with headquarters in Atlanta, the Arthritis Foundation has multiple service points located throughout the country. The Arthritis Foundation is the largest private, not-for-profit contributor to arthritis research in the world, funding more than $380 million in research grants since 1948. The foundation helps people take control of arthritis by providing public health education; pursuing public policy and legislation; and conducting evidence-based programs to improve the quality of life for those living with arthritis.