23 people are interested
23 people are interested
Are you a multimedia designer with a passion for designing and producing video, graphical and interactive content that inspires audiences to engage and take action? Are you a storyteller who thrives in using the latest technology to design high-quality content? Are you looking for a role where you can deeply engage with the a nonprofit social enterprise mission and help raise awareness for important social causes? Does your experience encompass a wide range of multimedia design services, including photography, photo compositing, artwork, multimedia presentations, animation, motion graphics, visual effects, social ads, infographics, web, email and occasionally print design? Interested? Let's talk!
Grow with SJEI by providing much needed support while developing and honing your professional skills. By joining our select group of diverse, skilled, and committed team members you will help us continue to lay the foundation of SJEI and work to champion social and environmental justice, through our mission by bridging resources with innovation to engineer solutions that target the meaningful involvement of people for the common good.
- Produce and coordinate videos, photoshoots, digital graphics, and other multimedia content that is fresh, compelling and inspires our core audiences (including a worldwide audience, the local community, professionals and policymakers) to engage and take action
- Design a variety of graphics and help source photos for use on digital and print projects including but not limited to video projects, infographics, email, website slide presentations, digital ad graphics, etc.
- Serve on a team of in-house volunteer videographers, operating your own video and photography cameras, teleprompter, lighting, and sound equipment for recording of presentations, events and other multimedia projects
- Prepare and present cohesive, multi-dimensional creative concepts to support internal and external campaigns and priority projects
- Participate in planning, messaging development and creative sessions to elevate content and campaign development.
- Oversee project flow of all design/media production projects, including serving as creative liaison with in-house team, creative agencies, vendors and freelancers and production coordinator for video and photography projects involving outside contractors.
- Oversee proofing process by delivering proofs internally and/or digitally, obtaining approvals and shepherding changes quickly through in-house production and outside vendors; Ensuring design consistency across all deliverables
- Consistently deliver projects on deadline while managing work through a creative project management system
- Manage all current project files and archives for media production/design projects, including all design files, artwork, editorial/design proofs, photos, videos, audio files, etc.
- Stay abreast of digital design trends. Learn and develop new design skills as well as continual growth through attending design conferences and training.
- Performs other duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the department.
· One (1) year commitment
· At least five (5) hours per week
- Minimum 3 years of experience in graphic design and multimedia design with a strong portfolio exhibiting exceptional design aesthetic, mastery of typography, and overall creativity (including, videography, photography, animation, illustration, interactive creative elements and print design)
- 2+ years design production experience
- Expert proficiency with Adobe production design tools, including Premiere, After Effects, Audition and Photoshop
- Ability to create graphics and short videos for marketing campaigns, including social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, YouTube) and web and email
- Knowledge of HTML CSS animations, and front-end best practices a plus
- Strong understanding of the importance of brand identity and creating multi-channel content with cohesive brand voice
- Conceptual thinking and creative problem solving to take a project from ideation to completion
- Highly creative with the ability to work autonomously, yet able to take direction well
- Collaborative, proactive team player with a positive attitude and high level of energy able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills with ability to effectively balance multiple projects, deadlines and deliverables in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and presentation skills, including the ability to clearly articulate both design decisions/rationale
- Keen attention to detail
- A passion for continued learning on emerging creative platforms and technologies and ways to implement
Commitment to Ethical Standards - serve as faithful agents of the organization. Avoid deceptive acts. Conduct themselves honorably, responsibly, ethically, and lawfully.
ROLE SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Achieving Results - sets clear, well-defined desired outcomes for work activity and tracks progress; demonstrates a strong sense of urgency and persistence about accomplishing them
Communication - demonstrates the ability to convey thoughts, ideas, and concepts clearly in writing and orally
Independence/Initiative - evaluates, selects, and acts on various methods and strategies to meet goals and objectives, even if objectives aren’t clearly defined
Planning - establishes plans that break complex projects into their component parts, each with its own timeline; organizes work into processes.
About The Social Justice + Engineering Initiative
2 North Central Avenue, Suite 1800, Phoenix, AZ 85004, US
Our organization seeks to research, develop, and implement engineering practices, designs, products, and methods that promote social and environmental justice and overall sustainability. Further, we strive to educate, advocate, plan and engineer the future development of our cities, towns, neighborhoods, farms - our planet.
The Social Justice + Engineering Initiative is a conscious engineering, social justice, and environmental justice organization that seeks to implement sustainable engineering practices, designs, and developments that adhere to social and environmental justice.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 14, 2021
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Online Flash/Video Production
- Video Production
- Social Media / Blogging
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 5 hours minimum per week, 1 year commitment