7 people are interested
Case Monitor - Volunteer to Prevent Abuse
ORGANIZATION: GUARDIAN PARTNERS
Please visit the new page to apply.
7 people are interested
Guardian Partners is a volunteer-based initiative to meet a growing need in the senior and disabled adult community. Our goal is to not only discover and prevent abuse, but also to teach Guardians how to be effective to ensure those who are incapacitated are treated with the utmost care. These efforts prevent abuse and increase quality of life for seniors and persons experiencing disabilities.
Volunteer Monitors are at the heart of our mission to keep vulnerable Oregonians safe and thriving. You’ll be given training and ongoing support to be successful. Once assigned a case, you’ll meet with the Protected Person in person, but all other interviews can be conducted virtually. Then, you'll furnish a report to the Court, identifying any evidence of abuse or neglect and any resources needed.
- Typical cases require an average of six to ten hours of time. Commit to 10 cases; can be consecutively.
- Highly flexible - can be scheduled on your time at your convenience.
- Operating in Clackamas, Douglas, Lane, Marion, Multnomah, Tillamook and Yamhill Counties.
- The difference you make in a Protected Person’s life can be profound!
About GUARDIAN PARTNERS
10814 NE Halsey St, PORTLAND, OR 97220, US
Guardian Partners assists the Court in protecting our most vulnerable through monitoring and education. These efforts reduce the potential for abuse, neglect, and exploitation of Protected People under guardianship.
Volunteer Monitors are at the heart of our mission to keep vulnerable Oregonians safe and thriving. You'll be given training and ongoing support to be successful. Once assigned a case, you'll meet with the Protected Person as well as their Guardian and furnish a report to the Court, identifying any evidence of abuse or neglect.
Founded in 2013, Guardian Partners has grown to serve four counties - Clackamas, Douglas, Multnomah, and Tillamook - with additional counties anticipated soon. We monitor over 150 cases each year, with 14% of those cases requiring Court intervention and one-third benefiting from referrals from the volunteer Monitor.
The difference a Case Monitor makes in a Protected Person's life can be profound.
Tillamook CountyTillamook, OR 97141
June 15, 2022
- Mental Health
- Family Law
- Social Work
- Elder care
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- We ask volunteers to monitor 10 cases per year, at an average of 6-10 hours per case. The work is very flexible and can be arranged around your schedule.
- Initiative, commitment and dedication, independent work