8 people are interested
Perform wellness checks on vulnerable adults for the Probate Court.
ORGANIZATION: GUARDIAN PARTNERS
Please visit the new page to apply.
8 people are interested
Are you good at interviewing?
Do you have a passion for supporting others?
Volunteer to provide wellness checks for adults under guardianship!
Guardian Partners is a volunteer-based nonprofit offering education, resources, and oversight for our disabled and senior communities who are under guardianship. Our goal is to not only discover and prevent abuse, but also to teach guardians how to be effective in ensuring vulnerable Oregonians are treated with respect and the utmost care.
Volunteer Case Monitors receive extensive training, ongoing staff support and will complete background checks. Case Monitors are court ordered to meet with the adult under guardianship in their place of residence, interview their guardian and other professionals, and furnish a report to the Probate Court identifying any evidence of abuse or neglect as well as any recommendations or interventions.
- Volunteering is highly flexible - scheduled on your time at your convenience!
- Volunteers commit to a minimum of 10 case reviews.
- Typical cases require 5-10 hours of time.
- Operating in 14 Oregon counties, including Tillamook County.
- If you’re interested in psychology, social work, law, or just want to give back, this will be a great opportunity for you!
Schedule an interview today! Visit us at: guardian-partners.org
Watch this video to learn about the impact our volunteers have in the lives of vulnerable Oregonians: https://vimeo.com/368055631
9 More opportunities with GUARDIAN PARTNERS
About GUARDIAN PARTNERS
1600 SE Bybee Blvd, Suite 206, PORTLAND, OR 97202, US
Guardian Partners assists the Court in protecting our most vulnerable through monitoring and education. These efforts reduce the potential for abuse, neglect, and exploitation of Protected People under guardianship.
Volunteer Monitors are at the heart of our mission to keep vulnerable Oregonians safe and thriving.
Founded in 2013, Guardian Partners has grown to serve nine counties - Clackamas, Clatsop, Douglas, Jackson, Lane, Marion, Multnomah, Tillamook, and Yamhill - with additional counties anticipated soon. We strive to review all adult guardianship cases in Oregon, roughly 15,000. We monitor over 150 cases each year, with 14% of those cases requiring Court intervention and one-third benefiting from referrals from the volunteer Case Monitor.
The difference a Case Monitor makes in a Protected Person's life can be profound.
Tillamook CountyTillamook, OR 97141
April 25, 2023
- Mental Health
- Family Law
- Social Work
- Elder care
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- The work is very flexible and can be arranged around your schedule. We ask for a minimum commitment of 10 case interviews, 5 - 15 hours a month, and completion of training.
- Initiative, dedication and commitment, critical thinking, proficient verbal and written communication, fortitude; case monitoring is independent work.