Sodality Respite Incorporated Chaplain & Spiritual Advisor
To provide spiritual and emotional support when needed to the Hospice patient/family and to members of the Hospice team. To provide assistance at the time of the patient’s death and support of the family during the bereavement period.
Educational/Degree: Graduate of an accredited seminary or school of theology or appropriate certification in hospital or pastoral ministry.
Training/Licensure: Certificate or degree in pastoral ministry.
Knowledge/Skills/Ability: Ability to work independently, make accurate, and at times, quick judgments. Ability to respond appropriately to crisis outside of a hospital setting. Acceptance of and adaptability to different social, racial, cultural and religious modes.
Experience: Minimum 2 years of experience as a chaplain/spiritual counselor, preferred.
Active patient contact within past three years, preferred.
Requires minimal physical effort most of the day including kneeling, squatting, reaching, twisting, climbing, walking, exposure to temperature and humidity changes and minimal assist in lifting and/or transferring of a 20 pound patient. Must possess sight/hearing senses or use appropriate adaptive devices that will enable senses to function at a level required to meet the essential duties of the position. Must provide evidence of annual TB test and other state-required tests or examinations.
Must be able to work independently, make judgments based on assessments and data available and act accordingly. Must be flexible, innovative and possess good interpersonal skills. Must be able to cope with mental and emotional stress and demonstrate emotional stability.
Be able to tolerate exposure to elements including, but not limited to, odors.
Must have a current valid driver’s license, auto liability insurance and reliable transportation.
- Provide direct spiritual support and/or counsel to patients/families in keeping with patients’/families’ beliefs.
- Work with staff, clergy and community groups to enhance their sensitivity to the spiritual concerns of patients/families experiencing terminal illness and loss.
- Participate in IDG conference by exploring and assessing the potential spiritual needs of patients/families and reporting on services as indicated.
- Provide bereavement follow-up services as assigned.
- Maintain proper records of visits to patients/families.
- Make contact with clergy or appropriate representatives of patients/families as indicated.
- Perform occasional liturgical assignments, e.g., memorial services with staff.
- Conduct or make arrangements for funeral or memorial service when indicated.
- Develop and maintain a resource group of clergy to whom specific aspects of spiritual care may be delegated.
- Arrange for on-call availability of spiritual services.
- Provide educational programs for community clergy, religious and lay representatives as resources allow.
About Sodality Respite Inc.
8309 Cornith Drive, Richmond, VA 23227, US
We desire to help terminally ill individuals live and die with dignity in a true home environment, surrounded by love, laughter and compassion up through the final stage of life.
Our organization was first Incorporated September 2017 for purposes of providing health care to homeless persons in the TriCities area and heart of the City of Richmond, Virginia. Our vision is "a city where homelessness does not exist." Services that will be provided by Sodality Respite Incorporated includes: 1) respite care from acute and chronic disease processes, injury and illnesses, 2) on-site primary care with chronic disease stabilization, 3) medication management, 4) intensive case management services (benefit acquisition, psychological services, employment assistance, etc), 5) short term living accommodations (45-90 days) and 6) 24/7/365 Crisis Management Services. We are driven by our dedicated fight to combat social and economic injustice of health disparities.
8309 Cornith Dr.Richmond, VA 23227
September 13, 2021
- Bereavement Support
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- very flexible and fluid