Volunteer Web Designer for Nonprofit's Online Teen Portal
Adolescent Counseling Services
Adolescent Counseling Services (ACS) is looking for a talented web designer to assist in creating a "Virtual Lounge". Due to the increased stress our adolescents are experiencing during the shelter-in-place, there is an increased need to provide resources and online support spaces for youth. We have designed what we would like the "Virtual Lounge" to look like so now we need an experienced web page designer to step in and help us! Ideally features included would be: Resource page, Psychoeducation material on various topics, Links to meditation and yoga videos, links to calming sounds, sights, several blogs, several vision boards, and maybe an avatar creation page.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Clinical Director on details of proposed design
- Provide input to Clinical Director on the feasibility of proposed plan
- Coordinate with our Marketing Director the implemented Virtual Lounge to connect to our existing webpage
- Provide education to ACS staff on how to monitor the posts and use of the Virtual Lounge
- Experience with web design
- Good team player
- Desire to help us creatively design the Virtual Lounge to best meet the needs of youth during the current shelter-in-place
Please contact: Sarah Burdge, Clinical Director, email@example.com
Adolescent Counseling Services (ACS) exists to support the wellbeing of all teens, tweens, and young adults in Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties. Established in 1975, ACS’ networks of skilled family therapists and professionally-led support groups have continuously been a resource that youth and families can rely on since 1975. Trained professionals offer on-campus and after-school community counseling, substance abuse treatment, LGBTQQ+ support services, and community education programs. ACS supports individuals to overcome obstacles, develop confidence, and be empowered to build happy, healthy futures.
About Adolescent Counseling Services
643 Bair Island Road, Suite 301, Redwood City, CA 94063, US
Adolescent Counseling Services (ACS) empowers youth in our community to find their way through social-emotional support and by building safe, accepting communities.
Founded in 1975, ACS currently implements four core programs in Santa Clara and San Mateo County communities:
- Community Counseling Program - Outpatient mental health assessment, treatment and education for teens and their families in the general community and at local Boys and Girls Clubs of the Peninsula
- Adolescent Substance Abuse Treatment Program - A harm reduction outpatient treatment program providing treatment to teens and families struggling with drug and/or alcohol abuse, as well as community prevention education
- Outlet - A program serving Bay Area Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, and Questioning (LGBTQ+) teens, families, and supportive allies with support group counseling, leadership training, and education in both Spanish and English.
- On-Campus Counseling Program - Bilingual on-site individual and family counseling, crisis intervention, mental health education, and support at no cost to students/families attending local middle and high schools