13 people are interested
Food Pantry Gleaning Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: William Temple House
Please visit the new page to apply.
13 people are interested
Department: Social Services
Reports to: Social Services Program Manager
Shift day/hours: Fridays 11am-1pm.
William Temple House in NW Portland is seeking a Food Pantry Gleaning Volunteer to
assist our Social Services staff with weekly pickups of donated food and hygiene items
from an Amazon warehouse. This volunteer position does not require driving, as the
individual will go with a staff member in the WTH van to make pickups.
*Social distance protocols with be followed while loading/unloading items. Masks will be
worn at all times.
● Assist staff members with the pickup of donated items
● Help load and unload the donations in and out of the WTH van
● Sort and stock the donations upon returning to the food pantry.
This is a physical position that involves time spent in a warehouse and walk-in
● Able to lift and carry 50-75 lbs, including down a set of stairs.
● Able to work on your feet - this is a physical job.
● Willingness to use equipment to move the donations, including hand trucks,
rolling carts, and pallet jacks (training can be provided).
● Ability to communicate clearly and respectfully with fellow volunteers, staff, and
partner agency representatives (donors).
● Pass a criminal background check.
● Desire to help reduce food waste and combat food insecurity in Portland.
● Be 18 years of age or older.
For more information please contact Cliff Johnson, Director of Volunteers & Outreach, at
firstname.lastname@example.org, or (503)715-0248.
About William Temple House
2023 NW Hoyt St., Portland, OR 97209, US
William Temple House restores hope and renews strength in individuals and families in a welcoming and respectful atmosphere.
Founded 55 years ago, WTH is a beloved nonprofit organization that restores hope and renews strength in individuals and families in a welcoming and respectful atmosphere. With low and no-cost mental health counseling, a food pantry, and faith-neutral spiritual care, we lend a helping hand to Portland’s most vulnerable populations. We serve the whole person-mind, body, and spirit. A social enterprise, our thrift store, provides revenue to support our operations.
2023 NW Hoyt St.Portland, OR 97209
June 15, 2022
- Must be at least 18
- Time Commitment is 2.5 hours weekly. Shift day/hours: Tuesdays 2pm-4:30pm (preferred). Alternate shift is Fridays 9am-11:30am.