24 people are interested
Food Pantry Gleaning Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: William Temple House
Please visit the new page to apply.
24 people are interested
Department: Social Services
Reports to: Social Services Program Manager
Shift day/hours: Shifts are Tuesdays 2pm-4:30pm, and Fridays 10:30am-12:30pm.
William Temple House in NW Portland is seeking a Food Pantry Gleaning Volunteer to
assist our Social Services staff with weekly pickups of donated food and hygiene items
from an Amazon warehouse. This volunteer position does not require driving, as the
individual will go with a staff member in the WTH van to make pickups.
*Social distance protocols with be followed while loading/unloading items. Masks will be
worn at all times.
● Assist staff members with the pickup of donated items
● Help load and unload the donations in and out of the WTH van
● Sort and stock the donations upon returning to the food pantry.
This is a physical position that involves time spent in a warehouse and walk-in
● Able to lift and carry 50-75 lbs, including down a set of stairs.
● Able to work on your feet - this is a physical job.
● Willingness to use equipment to move the donations, including hand trucks,
rolling carts, and pallet jacks (training can be provided).
● Ability to communicate clearly and respectfully with fellow volunteers, staff, and
partner agency representatives (donors).
● Pass a criminal background check.
● Desire to help reduce food waste and combat food insecurity in Portland.
● Be 18 years of age or older.
For more information please contact Cliff Johnson, Director of Volunteers & Outreach, at
firstname.lastname@example.org, or (503)715-0248.
2 More opportunities with William Temple House
About William Temple House
2023 NW Hoyt St., Portland, OR 97209, US
William Temple House provides food, counseling, clothing, and household items to Portland-area neighbors to strengthen our community.
For more than 50 years, William Temple House continues to be a place of healing and hope in our community by offering services that support the
whole person-body, mind, and spirit.
Our client-centered and compassionate approach comes through all that we do-from our counseling services and support groups to our food
pantry and thrift store offerings, our caring, dedicated, and dependable team of staff, volunteers, and interns is proud to serve our neighbors.
We believe that mental health care is a right that should be available to all. We consistently encourage people in accessing the care they need, and
then meet them where they are to assist their healing journey. We strive to create a comforting place that is open and inviting to people of all
backgrounds and beliefs.
2023 NW Hoyt St.Portland, OR 97209
April 17, 2023
- Must be at least 18
- Time Commitment is 2.5 hours weekly. Shift are: Tuesdays 2pm-4:30pm (preferred). Alternate shift is Fridays 10:30am-12:30pm.