Special Events Coordinator
Louie's Legacy Animal Rescue
Special Events Coordinator - New York City area (new position)
Reports to: Marketing and Development Manager (Cincinnati)
Time Commitment: Varies, depending on the duties required to plan and implement the event.
Location: Most of the work can be done remotely, but you must be able to attend events and meet with sponsors, donors and event hosts as needed.
Supports the success of fundraising events in the New York City or Cincinnati area, including Strut Your Mutt. Works with staff and volunteers to assist with planning, coordinating and implementing events designed to raise funds for and to promote community awareness of Louie’s Legacy Animal Rescue (LLAR). Assists with meeting event profit goals by working with an assigned portfolio of donors and prospects to increase event sponsorship.
- Provides administrative support in the research and solicitation of new and existing donors to support NYC or Cincinnati area special events. Perform complex administrative duties, with little supervision, exercising confidentiality, independent discretion, and judgment.
- Represents LLAR in a positive and professional manner at all times, including working with staff, volunteers, and vendors.
- Serves as the event committee chair formed to help secure sponsors and participants. In addition to leading committee meetings, duties may include keeping records, preparing meeting notices/minutes and handling correspondence.
- Coordinates work with external and internal audiences including vendors and donors.
- Assists with the planning, implementation, and production of all fundraising events including vendor relationships, budgets, and event logistics. May coordinate activities related to the event program.
- Event Material Oversight: Works with the marketing team to develop materials related to events including external communications, printed event materials (including but not limited to signage, programs, name tags, etc.) and event scripts.
- Maintains spreadsheets of all special event timelines.
- Works at special events as directed including preparation, set-up, event execution and tear-down.
- Assists in performing regular administrative duties in a timely and efficient manner; including but not limited to recording and tracking donor contracts and payments, reviewing and submitting event-related invoices for payment, writing acknowledgment and thank you letters, assembling donor solicitation packets, creating and updating donor/program related forms, researching both monetary and in-kind funding sources, writing solicitation letters and executing bulk emails.
- Update donor information in the contact spreadsheet following all donor interactions.
- Carries out any additional assignments required to fulfill LLAR’s mission.
- Experience with event planning, coordinating teams, and maintaining a budget.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Organized and good time management skills
- Collaborative spirit
- Committed to LLAR’s mission
About Louie's Legacy Animal Rescue
4725 BOOMER RD, CINCINNATI, OH 45247, US
Louie's Legacy Animal Rescue is a positive, professional 501(c)3 rescue organization that helps our community and shelter partners save more animals, more quickly by rescuing them, temporarily caring for them in our excellent, supportive foster homes and matching them with fantastic adopted pet parents.
We are a no-kill animal rescue based in Cincinnati and Staten Island, New York. We are proudly foster based, meaning our animals live in homes, not shelters. This allows us to more thoroughly get to know our animals, ensuring they are matched with suitable, screened adoptive homes that meet our high standards. In 2019, we saved over 2,600 animals.