2020 Fall Field Development Internship
Provide a hands-on internship opportunity to a student located in the Washington, DC areas interested in exploring a career in nonprofits. He/she will learn about fundraising development and participant outreach, event development and logistics and corporate communication, working closely with the Autism Speaks National Capital Area field development team. This is a 10-12 week program and students must be eligible for academic credit. Currently, our interns will work remotely. But, will be in constant communication with the field team and volunteers.
The intern will receive training in all areas and responsibilities will include:
- Providing support to the National Capital Area’s three major fundraising walks, the 5K, and community outreach programs including town halls and safety fairs
- Recruiting past walk participants via phone and email
- Drafting and distributing media releases
- Updating chapter records and spreadsheets
- Assisting with donor letters
- Providing customer service to event participants
- Researching prospects for sponsorship and teams
About Autism Speaks
1990 K Street NW, 2nd Floor, Washington, DC 20006, US
Autism Speaks is dedicated to promoting solutions, across the spectrum and throughout the lifespan, for the needs of individuals with autism and their families through advocacy and support; increasing understanding and acceptance of autism spectrum disorder; and advancing research into causes and better interventions for autism spectrum disorder and related conditions. Autism Speaks enhances lives today and is accelerating a spectrum of solutions for tomorrow.
Our Autism Speaks National Capital Area chapter has a number of year-round volunteer opportunities throughout the MD, DC and VA communities available.