DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Love working with youth? Become a Red Cross Club Coordinator!
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross Central California Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
The Red Cross Club Coordinator receives support, guidance, and encouragement from the Volunteer Management Team. She or he has access to relevant learning opportunities and materials that prepare for and support this role. Attend relevant workshops or trainings that will lead to growth, development and continued volunteer service.
- Meet with Red Cross Club officers and Club Advisor/Sponsor at beginning of school year.
- Be available to attend Club meetings as necessary or requested by Club leaders, or arrange for attendance by other chapter leadership.
- Be available to attend Club events/activities and fundraisers as necessary or requested by Club leaders, or arrange for attendance by other chapter leadership.
- Assist the Red Cross Club officers with Club registration/renewal process on Volunteer Connection, including ensuring the Club Constitution is approved and submitted.
- Lead efforts to get all Red Cross Club members registered quickly in Volunteer Connection and added into the proper Club GroupShare.
- Ensure that the Club enters all Club Events in Volunteer Connection (using the Club Events tab).
- Approve volunteer hours of Red Cross Club members in Volunteer Connection.
- Provide Club with guidance and resources to be successful.
- Provide Club with Brand Guidelines and style guidelines and provide guidance about the use of the brand.
- Provide Club access to promotional materials on Brand Central for Club recruitment, Club member recognition, Club events and fundraisers, as needed.
- Integrate Club members into the activities of the local Red Cross unit.
- Provide Club members with volunteer opportunities through multiple lines of service.
- Create and maintain an environment where youth feel empowered to lead and mobilize peers in community service projects addressing local and global issues.
- Provide recognition opportunities for youth and young adult volunteers throughout the year.
About American Red Cross Central California Region
1300 W. Shaw Ave., Ste. 4B, Fresno, CA 93711, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Types of volunteer opportunities may include:
Boots on the Ground -- Your role could be to respond to home fires and other emergencies in your community, conduct in-home smoke alarm installations, or working in a wildfire shelter providing safe accommodations.
Instructor/Presenter positions to deliver education programs focused on preparedness, disasters and how to "Be Red Cross Ready" to adults and youth.
Working behind the Scenes positions include Keep the Red Cross Running -- Your role could be administrative/office support, scheduling shifts for your fellow volunteers, or logistics management to ensure disaster relief operations have the necessary supplies and equipment.
Lead the Way -- "Leadership" volunteers guide our efforts, inspire our volunteers and hold us accountable to the highest standards. Your role could be to lead a small team of fellow volunteers, act as an advisor to a Red Cross Club for youth, or support local Red Cross services by joining an advisory board or the Board of Directors.
Tell the Red Cross Story -- Communications & Outreach volunteers educate the public about Red Cross services and stories in your community. By getting our message out, you'll educate people in need about how we can help, while attracting volunteers and donors to the mission.
You can make a difference today at by becoming a volunteer at redcross.org/volunteer
225 Prado RoadSuite ASan Luis Obispo, CA 93401
September 3, 2023
- General Education
- Youth Services
- Program Management
- Group Facilitation
- Child Development
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per week or 8-10 hours per month, flexible scheduling, six month commitment