Red Cross Volunteer- Volunteer Services Support! - New Hampshire
American Red Cross of Northern New England
Help your local Red Cross! We need your administrative support behind the scenes to help engage our volunteers!
Whether helping one displaced family or thousands, providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran, or teaching others how to respond in emergencies, it’s through the efforts of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things. Volunteers carry out 90% of the humanitarian work of the Red Cross.
Volunteer Engagement is responsible for assisting with the implementation and execution of programs, projects and initiatives to increase and strength the engagement of volunteers. Additionally, assist with planning volunteer appreciation and recognition events to ensure our volunteers feel valued.
Major tasks to be completed:
- Communicate - network, advertise and promote our service to targeted community organizations, associations and individuals.
- Understand - the needs of everyone involved, such as community associations, organizations and individuals.
- Maintain - networks and relationships with different organizations on a consistent basis to expand the program.
- Listen - build trust, and listen to the needs of our clients, partners and communities.
- Assist local leaders with conducting a comprehensive volunteer engagement onboarding program
- Assist with driving volunteer engagement by ensuring new volunteers are satisfied in their role(s)
- Assist with managing volunteer recognition events across the region for all volunteers
- Assist with developing and executing, as needed, the Event Based Volunteer plan
- Assist in supporting and monitoring the appropriate usage and implementation of the regional Volunteer Needs Assessment
- Assist with the development and implementation of a volunteer engagement / retention strategy and informal recognition promoting the One Red Cross vision and honoring volunteer service
- Develop career path plans for new volunteers
- Oversees the check-in process of new volunteers and analyzes data to make recommendations for improvements
- Provide reporting and metric analysis support
- Maintains accurate records and submits information for reports
5+ hours per month, often evenings and weekends
Apply at redcross.org/volunteer
About American Red Cross of Northern New England
32 North Prospect, Burlington, VT 05401, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. Sleeves Up. Heart Open. All In.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that... ...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope; ...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters; ...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products; ...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and ...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.