Quick Overview: Volunteers will be providing widespread COVID-19 testing to the citizens of Los Angeles to help prevent further spread. Tests are free to all regardless of insurance or immigration status. CORE has six sites in the Los Angeles area and a Mobile Testing Team.
The sites are:
Lincoln Park: 3501 Valley Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90031
Dodger Stadium: 1000 Vin Scully Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90012
Veteran's (Jackie Robinson Stadium): 100 Constitution Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90095
Crenshaw: 7901 S Vermont Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90044
Hansen Dam: 11770 Foothill Blvd, Lake View Terrace CA 91342
West Valley: 6097 Canoga Ave, Woodland Hills CA 91367
San Fernando: 208 Park Ave, San Fernando, CA 91340
Echo Park (Edendale Library): 2011 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90026
Impact: Your efforts will assure the efficient flow of patients through the process and make sure patients can successfully self-administer the test. You will also relieve LA Fire Fighters, Paramedics and LA Police Officers from work in testing centers so they can be out in the community and serving those that will need their support in the coming days and weeks.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities:
- Pre-checking people to ensure they have an appointment before allowing them to enter the test site
- Checking registered people in for their appointment and giving them a test kit
- Guiding people through the self-administered test
- Performing inventory, and other organizational tasks around site.
- Volunteers work under the constant supervision of LAFD representative and follow strict safely protocols to assure the wellness of our team
- Volunteers do not actually perform the test, the tests are self-administered in a drive through format
- Volunteers are provided the appropriate gear in accordance the LAFD standards to assure our safety
- Be 18 years or older
- We STRONGLY suggest they have their own transportation and are willing & able to transport themselves to whatever site is in need of support.
- Have legal ID & social security number
- Be willing to sign & send release forms & give consent for background check prior to training.
- Can commit to any period of time, 1 day or longer.
We highly recommend that all volunteers:
- Are in good overall health
- Have NO known exposure to coronavirus & are willing to be tested if necessary
- Be able to lift 20 lbs
- Be able to stand up to four hours a day
- Be able to work while wearing protective gear in warm weather
We highly recommend that our Volunteers are not at high risk for severe illness from COVID-19 as defined by the CDC.
The CDC defines those at high-risk as:
- Individuals age 65 and over
- Individuals of all ages with underlying medical conditions, including those with:
- Chronic Lung Disease
- Moderate to Severe Asthma
- Serious Heart Conditions
- Immunocompromised issues
- Severe Obesity (body mass index 40 or higher)
- Chronic Kidney Disease or undergoing dialysis
- Liver Disease
- Individuals living in a nursing home or long-term care facility
COVID-19 Precautions: - Volunteers are directed to wear long pants, a long sleeve shirt, closed toed shoes (no slippers, etc.) and are provided with safety gear (mask, eye shield, gloves, and a gown) to wear while onsite.
08:00 AM to 04:00 PM
Most sites are open from 8am-4pm and need volunteers then
NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About CORE COMMUNITY ORGANIZED RELIEF EFFORT
6464 W SUNSET BLVD STE 530, LOS ANGELES, CA 90028, US
CORE saves lives and strengthens communities impacted by or vulnerable to crisis.
CORE faces the realities of disaster fearlessly, working on the ground to not only rebuild communities in the face of emergency, but to also create programs that focus on preparedness and resilience.
Emergency & Safety
We'll work with your schedule.
This opportunity has 1 shift
3501 Valley BlvdLos Angeles, CA90031
December 2, 2020
Orientation or Training
Minimum 1 day/week commitment, up to 5 days/week
Please go to coreresponse.volunteerhub.com to create a profile and sign up for a phone interview. During the phone interview, you will get signed up for a training session. After training, you will be assigned to a site.