Hospice Volunteer - LaGrange area
Heart To Heart Hospice
Volunteers are such a special part of the hospice care team. They can provide a variety of supportive services to enhance the quality of life for our patients and their families.
Our direct volunteers can help our patients and families by:
* Visiting patients regularly to provide companionship and/or lift patient’s spirits
* Sitting with patients to relieve families
* Helping with light housekeeping
* Working on life-history projects with patients for families to have
* Providing bereavement or grief support to families after the loss of their loved ones
* Providing specialized services like pet therapy and music enhancement
* Being patient, kind and reliable
* Being considerate of all beliefs/religious customs
To be sure that our patients and families receive the highest quality of care and services, all of our volunteers must submit to a background check. Volunteers receive training on the history of hospice, our care and philosophy, and what we offer as hospice providers. Orientation will also include many other safety pieces and training on the hospice environment
While being a direct volunteer is not always easy, you enhance the lives of so many patients and families in everything that you do, and your support is priceless to us. To become a volunteer with Heart to Heart, please click respond below and a Heart to Heart care team member will contact you as soon as possible.
About Heart To Heart Hospice
1385 N. Baldwin, Marion, IN 46952, US
Making a difference by providing compassionate care from our heart to enhance the quality of life for those with life-limiting illnesses and their loved ones.
Heart To Heart Hospice is a model for compassionate, quality care and supportive services for people with life-limiting illnesses and their loved ones. We strive to enhance the lives of our patients by aggressively managing their pain and symptoms, helping to alleviate any discomfort associated with their terminal illness or disease. Our care team works to improve quality standards in end-of-life care, while exceeding the expectations of those in need of our services.