Volunteer Grant Writer
5TH ELEMENT CENTER FOR DANCE
We are looking for dedicated grant writers to join our community at 5th Element Center for Dance. You will be responsible for gathering documentation and fulfilling the necessary requirements of various funding bodies to formally seek funding on behalf of the organization. This involves researching funding opportunities from organizations whose grants match with our organization’s mission & vision and writing coherent, organized, and compelling proposals.
If you love fundraising and enjoy conducting research and creating narratives, we encourage you to apply.Responsibilities:
- Prepare proposals by determining concept, gathering and formatting information, writing drafts, and obtaining approvals
- Meet proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, approval, and transmittal
- Develop proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation
- Write, revise, and edit drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials
- Prepare presentation by evaluating text, graphics, and binding and coordinating printing
- Maintain quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases
- Obtain approvals by reviewing proposal with Executive Director
- Improve proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, and coordination
- Research and initiate relationships with new prospective funders
- Write letters of inquiry and solicitations
- Match prospective funding sources with institutional priorities
- Verify that proposals have been received and that appropriate follow-up has occurred
- Submit project revisions to funders as necessary
- Cultivate relationships with foundation representatives to ensure foundation giving
- Excellent written communication skills and research skills
- Ability to understand the needs of both 5th Element Center for Dance and funding organizations
- Great organizational and computer skills
- Ability to understand and execute complex instructions
- Deadline- and detail-oriented
- Bachelor’s degree is English, Journalism, Communications or Marketing preferred
The grant writer position with 5th Element Center for Dance is voluntary without remuneration.
For more information, please contact Janei Maynard at email@example.com .
About 5TH ELEMENT CENTER FOR DANCE
PO BOX 470201, AURORA, CO 80047, US
Our mission is to foster personal & artistic development through the hip hop arts for youth to grow into compassionate, knowledgeable, and expressive artists who are connected to themselves & their communities
5th Element Center for Dance is a nonprofit dance studio that provides dance, academic, and social emotional resources to youth in Aurora, CO with no cost barrier. 5th Element is named after the fifth element of hip hop, Knowledge, and centers hip hop styles and pedagogy as a culturally responsive approach to education.