Aborist "Tree Cutter" Volunteer Opportunity
Urban Development Corporation
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
Urban Development Corporation (UDC) is a nonprofit organization focused on improving the quality of life for residents who live in the inner-city neighborhoods of Detroit on the N. E. Side.
Currently, UDC is in the midst of transforming two adjacent vacant lots that have not been maintained for years into beautify and clean green space for use as a community gathering space. We been removing debris; cutting down overgrown vegetation and dead trees. It is through the generosity of many volunteer's we've made significant strides towards our goal.
Recently, we cut several trees and have need for a very skilled and experienced arborist "tree cutter volunteer" to cut the tree trunks into small pieces for giveaway as "free firewood". UDC will provide the chain saw "Stihl gas chainsaw" and supplies for this volunteer opportunity.
About Urban Development Corporation
2727 Second Avenue, Suite 129, Detroit, MI 48201, US
Improve the quality of life and bring about positive life-style changing experiences of low to moderate income families who live in urban communities. In carrying out our mission Urban Development Corporation serves as a catalyst in the revitalization of communities through the development of activities and programs which promote clean, drug-free, healthy, safe and enjoyable family lifestyles.
The uniqueness of our organization is our willingness to address counter productive behaviors which plague many urban communities, they include: random gunshot firing, slum lording, illegal dumping, liquor stores on nearly every corner, vandalism, and the selling of illicit drugs. These activities are major contributing factors to the rapid deterioration of inner city neighborhoods and lead to a large number of eyesore houses having to be torn down.
Our efforts are currently concentrated in the following areas:
- Beautification and clean-up of inner city neighborhoods.
- Substance abuse awareness and prevention.
- Broadening the horizon of inner city youth through exposure to future career opportunities, the fine arts, and recreational activities.
- Acquisition and renovation of deteriorating properties.
- Unemployment and underemployment.
- Addressing environmental pollution concerns and issues.
- Serving as a liaison between residents, businesses; local police and municipalities to alleviate illegal activity.
- Rehab of our donated building which will be utilized as a community/employment center.