OVERVIEW AND IMPACT The Development Assistant Intern will work with the Development Director assist with database management, create and distribute development materials, promote and organize MCC fundraising events and public performances, research and cultivate supporters, and track and evaluate fundraising efforts/goals. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly organized and motivated individual to develop skills in nonprofit development work and ultimately learn about the performing arts for youth.
This role will be instrumental in supporting fund development goals and increasing overall giving.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES · Conduct prospect research on individual, foundation and corporate donors
· Support creation and dissemination of MCC’s annual appeal
· Assist the Development Director with grant application writing, tracking and reporting. Maintain donor and grant database and files, including calendar deadlines.
· Assist the Development Director with general development efforts (e.g. donor communications, auctions, raffles, annual report)
· Support online giving campaigns including Giving Tuesday and Give2Sing
· Development Committee to implement development strategies
· Support alumni outreach and communication
QUALIFICATIONS The ideal candidate will have strong communication, organizational, and research skills and a proven ability to be persistent and resourceful. This includes:
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Strong internet skills
· Proficiency in MS Office Suite, Google Docs, Eventbrite, experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus, but not required
· Ability to work independently and take initiative on projects
· Must be comfortable working in a busy office environment and display strong interpersonal skills
· Interest and experience in fundraising are preferred.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS · Current enrollment or degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience
· Available for 5-12 hours a week. Weeks may vary based on deadlines and needs
BENEFITS · Resume building experience in development, grant writing, project management, and other aspects of fundraising in the nonprofit sector
· Opportunity to work behind the scenes and experience Milwaukee’s premier youth performing arts group.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About MILWAUKEE CHILDRENS CHOIR INC
427 E. Stewart St., Suite 100, MILWAUKEE, WI 53207, US
Milwaukee Children’s Choir provides children, ages 6-18, with exceptional choral music education and performance experiences that foster creativity, personal expression, and social growth.
Milwaukee Children’s Choir is Southeastern Wisconsin’s premier youth choir. Since 1994, Milwaukee Children’s Choir has been delighting audiences and providing children, ages 6-18, with exceptional choral music education and performance experiences that foster creativity, personal expression and social growth.
As an audition-based, advanced children’s choral music program, Milwaukee Children’s Choir maintains five levels of evening choir choral education for children from 1st-12th grades. Offering rehearsal locations throughout the Greater Milwaukee and Lake Country areas, the Children’s Choir incorporates children from throughout the whole of Southeastern Wisconsin. Milwaukee Children’s Choir also serves children during the school day at Milwaukee Public Schools through our Harmony Program.
Arts & Culture
Children & Youth
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.