2 people are interested
Grant Writing Intern
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
OVERVIEW AND IMPACT
Milwaukee Children’s Choir is looking for a self-motivated individual to work with the Development Director to locate and write grant proposals to secure funding for expansion and program development. The Grant Writing Intern will research and update the grant calendar for the upcoming year, along with writing and gathering documents to complete grant requests. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience working with professional staff in an enthusiastic, community-based nonprofit environment.
This role will be instrumental in supporting fund development goals and increasing Foundation and Corporate giving.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Grant Writer Intern will research, compile, write and edit proposals to Foundations and Corporations to support MCC. Tasks include:
· Assist the Development Director in the management of the grant calendar and grant goals.
· Research and identify available government and private funding opportunities
· Maintain knowledge of proper protocols and all relevant local, federal, and state guidelines required for the proposal submission process
· Generate revenues for MCC programs and services through submission of researched, well-written, and well-documented fundraising proposals
· Track awards and create reports to Foundation, government and other funders of MCC
· Previous grant writing experience is preferred but not required
· Excellent writing, editing and research skills
· Detail oriented with the ability to work proactively
· Ability to work effectively both independently and a team environment
· Proficient in basic computer programs: MS Office Suites
· Mental flexibility and an ability to change topics easily
· Current enrollment or degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience
· Available for 5-12 hours a week. Weeks may vary based on deadlines and needs
· Resume building experience in development, grant writing, project management, and other aspects of the nonprofit sector
· Opportunity to work behind the scenes and experience Milwaukee’s premier youth performing arts group.
· Class credit (if applicable)
About MILWAUKEE CHILDRENS CHOIR INC
427 E. Stewart St., Suite 100, MILWAUKEE, WI 53207, US
Milwaukee Children’s Choir provides children, ages 6-18, with exceptional choral music education and performance experiences that foster creativity, personal expression, and social growth.
Milwaukee Children’s Choir is Southeastern Wisconsin’s premier youth choir. Since 1994, Milwaukee Children’s Choir has been delighting audiences and providing children, ages 6-18, with exceptional choral music education and performance experiences that foster creativity, personal expression and social growth.
As an audition-based, advanced children’s choral music program, Milwaukee Children’s Choir maintains five levels of evening choir choral education for children from 1st-12th grades. Offering rehearsal locations throughout the Greater Milwaukee and Lake Country areas, the Children’s Choir incorporates children from throughout the whole of Southeastern Wisconsin. Milwaukee Children’s Choir also serves children during the school day at Milwaukee Public Schools through our Harmony Program.
427 E. Stewart St.Suite 100MILWAUKEEMILWAUKEE, WI 53207
January 3, 2022
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Resource Development / Management
- Orientation or Training
- 5-12 hours per week