Disaster Response Health Volunteer (Alamance County)
American Red Cross
Be ready to help after a disaster! Due to predictions for an active hurricane and wildfire season and the complexities of COVID-19, the Red Cross will need thousands of volunteers to care for people when disasters strike. Train now to be a Red Cross Disaster Health Associate Volunteer so you can answer the call when your community needs it most!
Disaster Health Services Associate is a position to work in person, during an/or after a disaster event this hurricane/wildfire season. Volunteers in this role provide assistance and healthcare to shelter residents as needed.
Disaster Health Services Associate duties/requirements include:
- Provide hands-on health care to shelter residents to assist with daily living and functional needs,
- Provide health education and helping to replace medications, durable equipment, and consumable supplies.
- MUST HAVE an unencumbered license in the medical field
- Willing and able to volunteer in a COVID-19 environment before, during, and/or after a disaster.
- Have strong relationship building and communication skills along with availability to complete the self-paced online training.
Time Commitment: Local: Minimum of 5 days working between 4 - 12 hours shifts; Beyond Region: Minimum of 14 days working between 8 - 12 hours shifts.
About American Red Cross
690 Coliseum Dr NW, Winston-Salem, NC 27106, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Volunteers carry out 90% of the humanitarian work of the American Red Cross to support its mission to prevent and alleviate human suffering. There are many ways you can volunteer in your local community, and we are always looking for people with various backgrounds, talents and skill levels . We have diverse volunteer opportunities in Blood Services, Disaster Services, Service to the Armed Forces, Communications, and Volunteer Services.