16 people are interested
Executive Assistant to the Executive Director
ORGANIZATION: URBAN QUALITY LIVING INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
16 people are interested
Executive Team Member:
Company Description: (Permanent Affordable Housing Non-profit)
Urban Quality Living, Inc is a non-profit organization, dedicated to working with the poor and our homeless population in LA facing barriers to education, employment, and mental & health care services; because they cannot afford/lack the resources to acquire housing in their communities.
Urban Quality Living, Inc offers permanent supportive affordable housing services to the poor and homeless with a focus on trauma-informed care programs and services. This approach builds trust, hope, and confidence in our homeless population. Therefore encouraging their inclusion, social and economic participation in the community. This works to end their cycle of homelessness and lack of self-sufficiency.
Urban Quality Living, Inc., is now seeking an Executive Assistant to support our Executive Director:
In our mission to replacing hopelessness and isolation with hope and a sense of belonging for our poor and homeless population in and around Los Angeles.
As executive assistant, you will be working with the executive director in ensuring that Urban Quality Living, Inc., is meeting its goals and objectives as a non-profit organization as directed by the Board of Directors. Your drive, focus, and values will give support/help, organization, administrative and management controls to the operations of the executive operational team, legally, administratively, and financially. Thereby developing a strong and effective Urban Quality Living, Inc’s, executive management team that fully realizes its true organizational potential.
In addition to the standard roles and responsibilities of an Executive Assistant as briefly stated above, we are also looking for our Executive Assistant to be active advocates and ambassadors for Urban Quality Living, Inc., and fully engaged in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for Urban Quality Living, Inc., to advance its goals and mission.Experience:
- Understanding and knowledge of the work of non-profit/for profit organizations
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written,
- Ability to interact with a diverse set of peoples from various business and social backgrounds
- Minimum of two years experience in administrative/relevant role
- Strong organizational skills
- Computer literacy skills.
- Office management
- Decisive, innovative, able to act without guidance and flexible with the ability to compromise and strongly service oriented.
- Contact point among executives, employees, clients and other external partners
- Custodian of all organizational records
- Ensuring that accurate and sufficient documentation exists to meet legal requirements
- Take minutes during executive team meetings
- Timely distribution of materials such as agendas and meeting minutes.
- Reviewing, updating documents and ensuring all documents are safely stored and readily accessible.
- Ensures all rules and procedures’ of the organization are adhered to by everyone
- Oversee the performance of other clerical/admin staff/volunteers
- Manages orientations/maintain records of all executive team members’
- Prepares expense reports as necessary/required
- Manages the Executive Director’s calendars and set up meetings/providing personalized and timely support to executive members
- An active conduit for communication between the board & management
- Oversight of Urban Quality Living, Inc’s charitable registration status and the facilitation of all annual filings required by law.
- Work experience as an Executive Assistant, Personal Assistant or similar role
- Excellent MS Office knowledge
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Familiarity with virtual working systems (e.g Google Meet, Zoom etc)
- Discretion and confidentiality
9 More opportunities with URBAN QUALITY LIVING INC
About URBAN QUALITY LIVING INC
11105 ROSE AVE APT 106, LOS ANGELES, CA 90034, US
Our undertaking is to replace hopelessness and isolation with a sense of belonging and involvement with the communities that our homeless brothers and sisters live in; by providing them with affordable housing, health care, education, employment, and supportive trauma-informed wellness services that are tailored, specifically to meet their individual/family needs. Thereby foresting their inclusion, socially, and economically in our neighborhoods and society at large.
We are a community based non-profit organization, providing trauma-informed care and supportive affordable permanent housing for homeless people in and around Los Angeles. Our main objective is to break the cycle of homelessness, one individual and one family at a time. We are committed to building safe and stable communities. Where homeless and poor people have access to holistic programs and services that are trauma-informed to foster their rehabilitation, which will in turn allow them to become economically self-sufficient and active stakeholders and members of their neighborhoods and communities at large. Through partnership with other nonprofit we've been able to greatly impact and change the direction and life's of our client's.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
April 23, 2023
- Executive Admin
- Administrative Support
- Program Management
- Computer Science
- Google Apps
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be at least 18
- As a volunteer Executive Assistant, we expect you to commit to completing tasks as assigned. This is ongoing role as required by the Executive Director.
- Friendly and professional demeanor, Exceptional interpersonal skills, Strong organizational skills, Project management abilities, Problem solving skills, Goal driven, Self-starter, and focused on the work at hand