4 people are interested
Be the Heart of our Hospice Team! - Art Therapist
ORGANIZATION: The Care Team Hospice
Please visit the new page to apply.
4 people are interested
Certified Art Therapist - Volunteer Position Description
Position Title: Art Therapist-Volunteer
General Position Description
The Care Team Hospice is looking for a volunteer certified art therapist. Art therapy aims to help patients overcome emotional, mental, and behavioral difficulties by engaging with, and expressing themselves through art. Patients often cherish their final artwork as it aids in helping them establish identity beyond their illness.
- Certified art therapist
- Provide a trusting atmosphere that encourages patient participation
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and listening skills
- Ability to conduct virtual art therapy sessions
- Complete volunteer training course
- Complete application and undergo interview with Volunteer Coordinator
- Complete criminal background check
- Complete TB test or TB health questionnaire
- Wear I.D. badge while representing The Care Team Hospice
- Maintain patient confidentiality in all matters and sign confidentiality agreement
- Ability to maintain agreed time commitment and to notify Volunteer Coordinator of changes in availability, including absences or illness
Tasks May Include:
- Meet with patients in-person or virtually to conduct art therapy sessions
- Organize and carry out one-on-one and group workshops
- Provide emotional support and companionship
176 More opportunities with The Care Team Hospice2 Reviews
About The Care Team Hospice
5401 Gateway Center Suite D, FLINT, MI 48507, US
We are a hospice company looking for compassionate volunteers to spend about 1-2 hours a week with a patient in your area. Our patients simply need someone willing to listen, encourage and spend time with them. Truly, anyone with a heart for hospice patients can volunteer.
We are proud to be a part of the "We Honor Veterans" program; all our veterans deserve to have the best end of life care. In order to continue providing our patients with the compassionate care they deserve we rely on our volunteers, the heart of our company.
Volunteers do NOT give personal care. Companionship visits only.
Lansing AreaLansing, MI 48824
March 20, 2023
- Elder care
- Visual Arts
- Hospice Care
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- As much time as you are willing!
- Proof Negative TB test, Proof of COVID-19 vaccination or vaccine exempt documentation.