Be the Heart of our Hospice Team! - Aromatherapist
ORGANIZATION: The Care Team Hospice
Please visit the new page to apply.
Certified Aromatherapist - Volunteer Position Description
Position Title: Certified Aromatherapist-Volunteer
General Position Description
The Care Team Hospice is looking for a volunteer certified aromatherapist. If you feel called to a career helping people in hospice care with aromatherapy, we would love to get in contact with you! This is such a special calling and gift you can offer to the world. Whether the patient is going through an end-of-life transition, is in chronic pain, have lost their sense of who they are, dealing with emotional imbalances, struggling with depression or anxiety. Aromatherapy can help to improve an individual’s quality of life.
- Certified Aromatherapist
- Knowledge of the history of oils, safety measures, and the healing properties of oils
- Compassionate & knowledgeable about therapeutic application, and have an empathetic temperament
- Complete volunteer training course
- Complete application and undergo interview with Volunteer Coordinator
- Complete criminal background check
- Complete TB test or TB health questionnaire
- Wear I.D. badge while representing The Care Team Hospice
- Maintain patient confidentiality in all matters and sign confidentiality agreement
- Ability to maintain agreed time commitment and to notify Volunteer Coordinator of changes in availability, including absences or illness
Tasks May Include:
- Identify appropriate treatment plans for each patient
- Prepare blends of oils
- Administer oils and provide emotional support
About The Care Team Hospice
30600 Northwestern Highway, Farmington Hills, MI 48334, US
We are a hospice company looking for compassionate volunteers to spend about 1-2 hours a week with a patient in your area. Our patients simply need someone willing to listen, encourage and spend time with them. Truly, anyone with a heart for hospice patients can volunteer.
We are proud to be a part of the "We Honor Veterans" program; all our veterans deserve to have the best end of life care. In order to continue providing our patients with the compassionate care they deserve we rely on our volunteers, the heart of our company.
Volunteers do NOT give personal care. Companionship visits only.
Monroe CountyFlat Rock, MI 48134
May 18, 2022
- Elder care
- Hospice Care
- Veteran Care
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- As much times are your able!
- Proof Negative TB test