Aviation Office Manager / Administrative Assistant
Target Staff Type Supported/Volunteer
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw
As an Aviation Office Manager / Administrative Assistant you will be filling a critical role in the daily functions and task of running a smooth and efficient Mission Aviation business. Managers need skilled personnel standing in the gaps to help cover many of the daily tasks and functions that, if not otherwise cared for by you, would cause them to be excessively overburdened and cause huge inefficiencies and loss of production. These administratively skilled personnel are key to our success.
This is a 20 to 40 hour per week position for a volunteer or a staff person who raises support.
- Help with various scheduling tasks
- Plan and organize a wide range of department activities
- Help draft and send correspondence
- Work in and maintain department databases
- Be available to interact with public customers
- Be available to your supervisor for a wide range of administrative tasks
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS
- Good interpersonal skills in working with and managing others effectively
- Good oral and written communication skills along with organizational skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and Google Apps
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who are committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their heart language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.