Aviation Facilities Maintenance
Target Staff Type Supported/Volunteer
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw
Support the facility maintenance needs of the hangar.
The position is for staff person consistently volunteering or raising long-term support to serve 20 to 40 hours per week.
- Maintain facility and shop equipment, including air compressors
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly service checks on equipment
- Monitor waste oil, and monitor fuel for hangar heating system
- Support the JAARS Aviation Safety Management System (SMS)
- Report activities, problems, challenges, plans and needs to the Aviation Maintenance Manager
- Participate in special projects as requested by Aviation Maintenance Manager
- Participate in and/or lead meetings as required
- Plan and maintain personal and professional development as agreed on with the Aviation Maintenance Manager
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS
- Ability to work well with others
- Working knowledge of the hangar facility and general upkeep techniques
- Focus on hangar facility maintenance and servicing of equipment
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who is committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their native language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.