Aviation Airport Manager
Target Staff Type Supported/Volunteer
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw
Maintaining a safe and efficient airport environment is essential to the success of JAARS Aviation. The JAARS Townsend airport encompasses four different runways and several helipads which are used both to train future aviators, and to conduct other JAARS related business. As an Airport Manager, your role is crucial to the success of JAARS and the support of Bible Translation around the world.
The position is for a staff person volunteering or raising support to serve 30 to 40 hours per week.
- Provide oversight of the runway and helipad environment, ensuing proper ground maintenance of clearways and overruns
- Maintain security fences, gates, wind indicators, airport markings, and signage
- Manage the ramps and aircraft tie-down areas, including the contractual agreements with permanent resident aircraft owners
- When necessary, issue applicable airport NOTAMS
- Be available to marshal transient aircraft as they come and go
- Oversee and maintain the aviation underground and above ground fuel storage and delivery systems
- Be available to assist in airport/aircraft emergency response plan(s)
- Help manage the financial budgets related to the airport and fueling system
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS
- Have high degree of, or concern for, safety
- Good organizational skills
- The ability to do physical labor related to maintaining the airport environment
- Be available to participate in DOT airport symposiums and seminars
- Knowledge of, or availability to be trained in fuel storage procedures and management
- Moderate computer skill and knowledge of Google applications
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who are committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their heart language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.