Variety of Food Program Volunteers Needed at Hope Clinic: Onsite, Home Delivery, Behind the Scenes
In this time of need, Hope Clinic has expanded our free food support programs to meet the growing needs of the food insecure in our community. We have a variety of volunteer opportunities to help at our Ypsilanti location, all with safety protocols in place given COVID-19 considerations. (Note: Minimum age to volunteer is 15.)
There are often multiple slots available on the same shift for anyone interested in volunteering with a friend or family member, or you can sign up for a single slot that works for you. The number of volunteers onsite is limited per shift to allow for social distancing protocols, and our signup process helps us keep to that. Here are some of the types of volunteer roles currently available to help with food and essential needs at Hope:
- Onsite Grocery & Produce Distribution: Help distribute free bags of groceries, produce, personal care staples and baby care supplies during Hope’s onsite grocery pick-up hours. These volunteer slots are available Monday - Friday and some Saturdays.
- Home Delivery of Groceries: Help deliver free groceries to those who are homebound. These volunteer slots are available Wednesday and Friday for those with their own car (registered in your name) and valid driver’s license.
- Donation Runners: Onsite volunteers needed to help with receiving/organizing donations and deliveries that flow in to us throughout the day. Must have ability to lift up to 50 pounds and to work on your feet for extended periods. However, there will also be down times when you might be able to read or do homework. These volunteer slots are available Monday - Friday.
- Hot Meals: Help is needed onsite with both preparing and handing out of free hot meals to-go whenever we may have gaps in the schedule of our regular meal volunteers. Hot meals are prepared and distributed on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. However, available volunteer shifts/signup options vary depending on schedule gaps each month. There are also volunteer slots available every Wednesday afternoon to help prepare supplemental bagged meals which do not require heat/cold.
- Behind the Scenes Support: Onsite help is needed for a variety of things such as cleaning, organizing, unloading, sorting, packing groceries for deliveries, packing supplemental to-go food, and more. These volunteer slots are available Monday through Friday.
We hope you’ll consider giving of your time and talents to help out with Hope’s food programs which help sustain our neighbors in need. We’ll provide more information and signup links for those interested - we look forward to hearing from you!
About Hope Clinic
518 Harriet St, Ypsilanti, MI 48198, US
We partner with you to make lives better through holistic care providing free: Medical, Dental, Food, Care + Prayer; in Jesus' name.
Hope clinic provides free medical, dental, food, and social services. We seek to serve the whole person, with biblical generosity! We help multiply the efforts of donors, churches, volunteers and community partners who are called to help those in need, as we provide the means to amplify the positive impact by combining and leveraging resources.